VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Cornucopia By "processor" clashradio means a video scaler/processor with a 3D comb filter. He presently has a Lumagen HDQ.

I suggested a used Panasonic DMR ES-10 or DMR-ES15, which have a 3D comb filter and a frame synchronizer/line TBC, as a video pass-through device able to supply 480i output via S-video or component video. The DVD recorder would technically process the video received as input (reduce dot-crawl noise and clean up the time base) prior to output. (Laserdisc should be far better than VHS, but the Shuttle is reputedly very sensitive to timebase irregularities in analog signals.)
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 29th Nov 2017 at 16:31.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=You are capturing from an analog source. A purely analog capture device would digitize it. The Intensity Shuttle accepts analog too and can digitize it. There is no real need for HDMI capture.[/QUOTE]

One reason why I keep going back to hmdi capture is, if I do end up using my Lumagen HDQ or end up buying the superior 2144, why output a signal that's been a digitazied and IVTC by the 2144 on a Legacy cable? Why go from analog to digital back to analog?

[QOUTE= you keep mentioning "no processor does ...". /QOUTE]

I guess no phyical processor outputs at 480i. The lowest is 480p

[QUOTE= I suggested a used Panasonic DMR ES-10 or DMR-ES15, which have a 3D comb filter and a frame synchronizer/line TBC, as a video pass-through device able to supply 480i output via S-video or component video. The DVD recorder would technically process the video received as input (reduce dot-crawl noise and clean up the time base) prior to output. (Laserdisc should be far better than VHS, but the Shuttle is reputedly very sensitive to timebase irregularities in analog signals/ QOUTE]

I don't mind getting a different capture device. The Shuttle is finiky on the sginal....
    Last edited by clashradio; 29th Nov 2017 at 19:02.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by clashradio View Post
    Originally Posted by You are capturing from an analog source. A purely analog capture device would digitize it. The Intensity Shuttle accepts analog too and can digitize it. There is no real need for HDMI capture.[/QUOTE

One reason why I keep going back to hmdi capture is, if I do end up using my Lumagen HDQ or end up buying the superior 2144, why output a signal that's been a digitazied and IVTC by the 2144 on a Legacy cable? Why go from analog to digital back to analog?

[QOUTE= you keep mentioning "no processor does ...". /QOUTE]

I guess no phyical processor outputs at 480i. The lowest is 480p

Originally Posted by I suggested a used Panasonic DMR ES-10 or DMR-ES15, which have a 3D comb filter and a frame synchronizer/line TBC, as a video pass-through device able to supply 480i output via S-video or component video. The DVD recorder would technically process the video received as input (reduce dot-crawl noise and clean up the time base) prior to output. (Laserdisc should be far better than VHS, but the Shuttle is reputedly very sensitive to timebase irregularities in analog signals/ QOUTE

I don't mind getting a different capture device. The Shuttle is finiky on the sginal....
    I see... You still can't make up your mind how to capture after all ths discussion.

All this back and forth and round and round is making me dizzy. I give up.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 29th Nov 2017 at 20:47.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote