VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a bunch of shows recorded on my PVR which I want to archive using a Hauppauge HD-PVR 2 connected to the component output. To preserve quality, I want to:
    • Ensure the 8300 isn't performing any scaling during playback
    • Determine the show's native resolution to ensure the Hauppauge is recording at the same resolution
    How can I ensure both these things? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ooops. Ignore me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blaq View Post
    I have a bunch of shows recorded on my PVR which I want to archive using a Hauppauge HD-PVR 2 connected to the component output. To preserve quality, I want to:
    • Ensure the 8300 isn't performing any scaling during playback
    • Determine the show's native resolution to ensure the Hauppauge is recording at the same resolution
    How can I ensure both these things? Thanks.
    Some DVRs/cable boxes can be configured to output all video at the original resolution. You will need to look through your service provider's user manual or online help to find out if that exists.

If the SA 8300HD only outputs video at a set resolution, you'll need to access the PVR's diagnostics screens to find the recording's actual resolution.

There is a manual here explaining the various screens: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/video/at_home/Set-Tops/3000_STTs/749244_G.pdf
    I think pages 171-172 have the information you want. "Horizontal Size" and "Vertical Size" are probably the actual resolution of the recording.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote