VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using a Diamond VC500 with AmarecTV 2.31 When pressing the record button, AmarecTV generates an ICOpen error. I don't really know what other software to use. I have audio sync issues when using VirtualDub.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    According to various bits and pieces on the internet, this indicates some error/incompatibility wit the chosen codec.
    If you haven't tried it give HuffyUV a go.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was just using the option below before. Also, I installed HuffYUV, but it's not showing up.
    [Attachment 43541 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    YUY2 may be a happier choice. Did you install HuffYUV properly, especially if you are running a 64-bit OS?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I tried installing by right-clicking on the file and selecting Install. Yes, I tried the 64-bit one with a 64-bit OS. Then I tried the 32-bit one and it still wouldn't work. YUY2 doesn't work either. What's wrong with UYVY? That's what Premiere exports as.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Hypersonic1 View Post
    I tried installing by right-clicking on the file and selecting Install. Yes, I tried the 64-bit one with a 64-bit OS. Then I tried the 32-bit one and it still wouldn't work. YUY2 doesn't work either. What's wrong with UYVY? That's what Premiere exports as.
    The original Huffyuv was never updated to work on 64 bit Windows. To install it on 64 bit Windows requires a special procedure where you have to register the codec yourself. JVRaines gave a link to a page that describes how to do this.

32 bit programs require 32 bit codecs, 64 bit programs required 64 bit codecs. The two environments can't "see" each others' components.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, both huffyuv.inf and huffyuv.dll are in the root of C:\.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Isn't there a fix for VirtualDub so it syncs audio properly?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Hypersonic1 View Post
    Isn't there a fix for VirtualDub so it syncs audio properly?
    There are lots of possible fixes.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/112800-Why-does-your-system-have-audio-video-sync-issues

Do not play audio while capturing in VirtualDub.

Do not compress audio while capturing in VirtualDub.

Use only very fast video compression codecs while capturing.

Try all the options on the different options on the Capture -> Timing... dialog. Especially "do not resync..."

Use File -> Allocate Disk Space to pre-allocate disk space for your capture.

Don't preview video while capturing.

Disable your AV software before capturing.

Use a full frame TBC to clean the video timing before giving it to the capture device.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Maybe it was because I had a failing hard drive. Now that I have a new SSD, maybe I won't experience audio sync issues.
    Quote Quote