VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all,

Sorry this is more of a capture and encode question. I'm capturing VHS in virtualdub and had some questions on the resync by insertion of null frames. My huffy avis after capture are synced beautifully. However, once I encode them in megui+avisynth, I'm getting sync errors that appear to be linked to the issue of insertion of null frames. I've included two clips where I had an insertion error. 1) is the in-sync avi direct from virtualdub and the 2) is my desired output, in mp4. The insertion error is about 5sec into the clip. Any suggestions on ways to handle this on either the capture side or the encoding side?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. On the encoding side, use AVISource instead of FFVideoSource or LWLibavVideoSource and you will keep the duplicate frames, keeping everything in sync
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Ah thank you for the quick reply. As I have a ton of these, I've been trying to do a fairly automated method in megui. Looks like it was using LWLibavVideoSource. Hmm trying to prioritize AVIsource now, I'm getting 'couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc HFYU". I'll have to look into that a bit.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by gamjerr View Post
    AHmm trying to prioritize AVIsource now, I'm getting 'couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc HFYU".
    It means you don't have huffyuv installed

If you're using 64bit you need 64bit huffyuv

Also, you should adjust the levels in the video, especially the black level . Either on the capture side or afterwards
    Quote Quote