VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I used to capture DV video tapes from Panasonic NV-DV2000 player to my PC through firewire card. Recently my PC doesnt recognized anymore DV2000 (both two firewire output ports) and Im unable to capture tapes anymore to PC.

(but my PC still read from Canon camera firewire output port)

Any idea why is that and how i can make it work again?

Im using Window 7, and for DV capture software im using Wind DV and Exsate DV caputre live.

And thank you for answering.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    It seems your firewire output from player is dead. Only way I see is to let it repair it... Or you can use analog -> digital converter but it will not be lossless ...
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Are EDIT MODE "Passive" and EDIT TERMINAL "DV"? Is DV SELECT set properly? Is the cable firmly plugged in at both ends?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you have one working DV camera with firewire that works use that to capture tapes. it would appear the firewire port in the other device has died.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you all very much for support. Yes i tried all terminals and cable plugged firmly in at both end but nothing is working. Particulary this DV player give me hard time always when plugged to PC unlike Canon camera, but seems this time more harder. So im not sure if this problem cuase as usuall or something new like from Window 7 signing in. However in Devices and Printers showing only Canon camera not Panasonic.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    You might try switching to the legacy IEEE1394 driver (or vice versa, if you're already using it). Here are some instructions.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    You might try switching to the legacy IEEE1394 driver (or vice versa, if you're already using it). Here are some instructions.
    I tried this but still Firewire not working.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    The only thing left is to try a different FireWire cable. And if that doesn't work, I'm inclined to agree that the Panasonic is broken.
    Quote Quote