VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    im dont k now too much about this, but i know for games looks better 60fps, in my case i have one hdpvr2 , my question its if really worth capture any channel to 60fps , i have directv, i ask this because i believe mayor channels are 30fps and not 60fps,

thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    IMHO the answer is simple. If the source is 60fps, then capture in 60fps, if source is 30fps then capture in 30fps. Pause the video and go to next frame, if the frame is same as previous (try on longer sequence), so capture at 30fps, if sequence of several frames in row is different (each of them) than capture at 60fps.
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by godai View Post
    im dont k now too much about this, but i know for games looks better 60fps, in my case i have one hdpvr2 , my question its if really worth capture any channel to 60fps , i have directv, i ask this because i believe mayor channels are 30fps and not 60fps,

thank you
    I think DirecTV has pay-per-view offerings broadcast at 1080p24, but I haven't heard of any network broadcasting progressive video at 30fps in the USA. 30fps channels are probably broadcast at 1080i or 480i, especially if they are from a network typically available over-the-air, like CBS, NBC, PBS, or ABC. The HD-PVR can capture 480i30, 720p60 and 1080i30 sources in their native resolutions. Pick whatever resolution you like best for output from the DirecTV receiver. If the DirecTV receiver correctly de-interlaces for 720p output, so that each field becomes a frame, 480i30 and 1080i30 channels will be output at 720p60.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    thank you , i just thinking to do 60 fps for old vcr games but maybe its not right.

for what i seeing imo, 60 fps get same visual effect in some videos with old ati stuff. im realizing its just playback with ati.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by godai View Post

thank you
    If it 720p then it should be 60fps
    Last edited by SHS; 15th Oct 2017 at 13:33.
    Quote Quote