VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Thread
  1. Hi Baker, first of all excellent guide, very easy to follow and being a NEWBIE it helped me a lot so once again thanks for taking the time to write it.
    I followed the guide exactly and DVD2SVCD produced 3 cue files. I used nero and burned as cd image on a cd/rw and my dvd player and pc dvd don't recognise the cd. I tried to eraze all data on my cd/rw but nero displays "not a cd/rw disk"? When i try to read data on the disc using windows explorer it says no disk inserted?

Thinking there may be something wrong with my cd/rw disc i tried burning another cue file to a cd/r and have created a very nice coaster! the same results as the cd/rw.

What am i doing wrong? Has anybody else had this problem? Any help greatly recieved thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could be your drive or something?
    Try loading the drive to one of this fake cd-rom drive thingys and see if it works.

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi Baker,

What a great guide!! It's really good... but I've got two little problems.

1)When I have converted my film to CVD or SVCD the second part of the film is too big for a 80 min. CD! The first part of the film is good for a 74 min CD(?!?). Pls tell me what I'm doing wrong????? Is it the bitrate?

I work with DVD2SVCD version 1.1.1 build 2
    I encode the film with TMPGenc. PLUS 2.5

2) Second problem is when I play the CVD or SVCD on my standalone DVD-player (Samsung HT-DL 100) I'm not able to set it on pause or play forward. The player sets the CVD or SVCD automaticly to the beginning... Has it something to do with the adjustments of the encoded film?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

THANX,

Hurricane
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1) Check if your dvd supports svcd by using the list on the left
    <---

2) How are oyu burning the cvd? You should get around 780mbs onto an 80mins cd.

Great to see this thread again.

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi Baker,

I can use CVD and SVCD on my DVD player. I already burned the first part of the film with Nero 5.5. It's really good quality but my dvdplayer sets the film too the beginning when I set the film on pause???

The second part of the film produced by bbMPEG is almost 900MB's!!!

So the first part is actually too small and the second part too big. So the cutting point which is done by bbMPEG is not good. Can I turn bbMPEG off?? So I get one MPEG2 file?? The bitrate adjustments are set to default. I use DVD2SVCD 1.1.1 build 2

Hope I can get some answers...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    film too the beginning when I set the film on pause???
    try finding new firmware for you dvd player on the manufactures website.

As for the file size being too big..... make sure you have the latest dvd2svcd and all the bitrate options are correct, I would say your messing up their. then if all else fails send a bug report to dvd2svcd

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi Baker,

What do you prefer for the bitrate settings then????

Can I turn bbMPEG off so that I can cut the MPEG-file myself with another program?

Many Thanx,

Hurricane
    Quote Quote