VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello friends i got a question
    i have been googling for a while and this is my problem:

i want to move the vertical position of a srt subtitle in english a bit lower than usual, cause there is an asian subtitle hardcoded on the movie. i want to lower it down so i can read it clearly.

i try the so called vobsub(the green arrow click settings and override position, it doesnt work at all) and fddshow and i dont know what to do, i use VLC player cause its the only one that plays the mkv without playback problems, so please dont ask me to use windows media player classic cause it doesnt work.

i also want to merge the subtitle to mkv, i know how to use mkvtoolnix and its very easy to strip audio and subtitles, but the thing is, there is no point in merging the subtitle if its not moved vertically a bit.

is there any plugins to mkvtoolnix that deals with subtitles?

or any help appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. In VLC settings have you tried in Subtitle section "force subtitle position"? You should be able to move it down by x number of pixels. Splash Lite player handles .mkv very smoothly but the subtitle support is sparse. .srt sub and I don't think you can move them. It's a shame because it's the only player I've found where I can play .mkv and move the slider however I want without the player going away.

I keep posting on their forum to improve the subtitle support. Maybe they will in v. 1.4
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote