VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Wich camera is better, the trv 22 o trv 19, is the biggest difference that the 22 takes pictures????
    Anyway does anybody recommend to buy this camera, i was reading here stuff about it, and someoness says that the 22 it's a little bit noisly, Is this really important?.
    Where are the best prices yo buy it, i checked out digitallydiscovered, but i do not know...??????
    Quote Quote  
  2. The 22 takes pictures to a memory card. The 19 takes pictures to the tape. The 22 has an analog input option the 19 does not. The 22 has a LanC connection. The 19 does not. The 22 has a microphone jack the 19 does not.

Thats all I can think of.

(I have both)

late

PRO

PS its noisy when its rewiding. Not while recording.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I own a TRV22E.

My first camcorder so I have nothing to compare against.

Must say i'm very impressed by it. The still picture (photo's) are of pretty shit quality but it records very nicely, especially impressed in low light conditions.

Can capture VHS through it too which was a bonus.

Yes it is a little bit noisy, but thats not something that bothers me.

I got mine for £499 a month ago, and thats still cheaper than most shops now! Just had to buy a load of accessories which don't get supplied :P
    Quote Quote  
  4. From my readings, they are basically the same camera except for the still shots and the TRV 22 has the digital passthrough feature.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sent my TRV22E back yesterday.The audio recordings on it was shocking.Dont buy this cam if you want good audio..If you check on the camcorderinfo.com forums,you will see loads of people have sent theirs back..

Im going to try the Panasonic GS50 next i think.That TRV22 caused me major headaches.Cant tell you what the video is like.I never got that far..

Some seem to be quieter than others,but i think none of them are very quiet,A few folk posted samples of the noise problems.Have a listen,youll see what i mean.

Good luck...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've ben meaning to ask this really dumb question..

What is the LanC, and what would I use it for ??

Thanks guys,
    -vhelp
    Quote Quote  
  7. Lanc i believe is where you connect your wired remote (rec/stop, zoom etc.) that kind of stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yeah,

LanC (Local Application Control Bus System) is for a wired remote.

Sony makes a tripod that has a control for this (retail about $99). You can also purchase some pretty neat variable zoom controls that operate using this standard. (I would suggest looking for this option when shopping for a new camera)

late

PRO
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    procrastination -
    You have both ... you are a valuable resource for this thread. Just to make sure that I understand the language here, am I right that the 22 will convert old Hi8 analog tapes to digital on my PC, but the 19 will not?

On a separate note, do you notice any video quality differences between the 2 camcorders? If I just wanted the camcorder to record videos of my kids, transfer the videos to my computer through a firewire cable, and burn the videos to DVD, would there be any reason at all to choose the 22 over the 19? Or would the 19 accomplish this at the same quality level? Thank You!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think the 19 has passthrough, so you wouldn't be ble to use it for VHS to PC conversions. The 22 does...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I also considered the 22 but ended up goinf with the trv33 which offered a little more.
    Quote Quote  
  12. before buying new camcorder...i would suggest to visit camcorderinfo.com first, they have very good reviews.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Speaking about passthru, does anyone know if the TRV33 has passthru?

Ken
    Quote Quote  
  14. Yes it does.The TRV22 and the TRV33 both have pass through. The TRV19 doesent however.
    Quote Quote