VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi

i have downloaded an movie but the movie must be in english but the movie is in deutch languets now do i want to or rip the audio and replace it whit english audio i dont now how to do that or what for program i need so i hope that some one can help me

greatings
    heeeeeeeeeeelp
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming the movie is PAL (25 fps) you need to find a version with an english soundtrack that is also 25fps. Assuming you can do this, watch it instead and save yourself the trouble.

If you can get just the audio, the simplest tool is Virtualdubmod, however you have to be able to ensure that a) the audio has the correct running time, and b) it starts at the same place. If either of these are not true, you will have to work to sync the audio up. If they are both true then;

1. Load the avi into virtualdubmod
    2. Streams ->Streamlist
    3. Click on Add, then browse to your new audio track and select it.
    4. Click on the German audio track and then click on Disable.
    5. Right-click on your new audio track and make sure the mode is set to Direct Stream Copy
    6. Click OK
    7. File -> Save AVI. Again, make sure processing is set to Direct Stream Copy. Give it a name and save the new file.
    8. Test
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    avi movie?

then use virtualdubmod, video->direct stream copy, stream->stream list and delete the old track and add the new one, file->save avi.

to rip the audio from a avi, virtualdubmod,stream->stream list and click on the audio track and click demux.

but you will probably get sync problems...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I also "fixed" a sync issue with Virtualdub.....but it was only a 4 minute music video where I replaced the english version with the german version.
    A full movie will most likely be much more difficult.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVMZTKCooJc
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    where can i find an audio for that movie the movie is in avi format yes
    heeeeeeeeeeelp
    Quote Quote