VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I downloaded Valerian the other day and extracted the MKV to audio and video files. Because the audio was ATMOS I run it through eac3to to get a compatible file and then remux them with TS Muxer as a Bluay iso and burn with Image Burn to BDR25. When I play this disc on my PC it plays fine at the correct aspect ratio but when I play it on my XBOX ONE the aspect ratio is stretched vertically. I can put the BDR back in my PC and play it through VLC and I get top and bottom borders and correct ratio. I've inspected the original MKV video file and compared it to the burnt mts file and both are identical resolutions but the XBOX ONE S won't give me borders. This also happened with Spider-Man Homecoming.

Any ideas?

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Think I've worked it out but not sure how to fix it. The MKV for the off files is only 1920 x 808 and the small icon for the movie shows this and there are no borders. On checking a film that works it's full 1920 x 1080 with borders present. But how can I add borders to the other movies?

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've figured out that MKVToolnix can change the display pixels and video pixels but I'm unsure what to change here to make it play correctly

4. Did you try to play that 1920x808 file using a thumbdrive or just having burned it on Disc as data only?
    Just replacing that audio and muxing m2ts file, not BD structure.

5. Originally Posted by Animator811 View Post
    Hi,

I downloaded Valerian the other day and extracted the MKV to audio and video files.
    uncropMKV was designed for problems such as yours.

But since you're asking for help with a copyrighted film you downloaded illegally, you aren't allowed to ask and we aren't allowed to help.

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    Did you try to play that 1920x808 file using a thumbdrive or just having burned it on Disc as data only?
    Just replacing that audio and muxing m2ts file, not BD structure.
    Yes the film plays fine from a thumb drive. It's TSMuxed to a Bluray ISO image. The issue I can see is that other conversions I've done the MKVs have been 1920 x 1080 with bars top and bottom. This movie is 1920 x 808 with bars removed. When I play it on my TV it stretches it to fit vertically.

7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Buy the movie instead. And read our rules before posting. Thread closed.

Moderator redwudz