VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I installed Nero 6.6 and nero sees the drive. I did the test on the drive and it does show the correct burn speeds. I was able to burn a CD-ROM, but I've made 6 coasters on DVD. Only 1 DVD a Fuji 2.4x worked. The other DVD's I'm trying or Memorex DVD+R 8x. When I put this DVD in the drive, it will only show a max write speed of 4x.

I performed a Nero CD-DVD Speed test and it ran at 4.14x most of the time with 3 drops. Then I get the error message:

Error!
    POWER ON, RESET, OR BUS DEVICE RESET OCCURRED (062900)

Anyone know what this means and have any ideas why I can't even burn at 4x?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A little more information could be helpful.

(1) What brand is your recorder?
    (2) Is your drive internal or external (usb or firewire?)
    (3) If drive is internal:
    (3a) What is your primary Hard disk (IDE/SATA)
    (3b) Is your recorder connected as a MASTER, or SLAVE, on the PRIMARY or SECONDARY IDE controller? Is it installed on a PCI IDE controller card?
    ---Your primary hard disk (boot drive) and the Recorder should be on separate IDE controllers (e.g. HDD on IDE0 as MASTER, Recorder on IDE01 as MASTER).

(3c) What type of system do you (AMD/INTEL)
    (3d) If INTEL, do you have IAA (Intel Application Accelerator) installed?
    -- If so, try uninstalling it.

(3e) If AMD, are you using (VIA/Nvidia) chipset IDE accellerator drivers?
    --- If so, try uninstalling the IDE controllers and reverting back to Microsoft's default IDE drivers. Do this by uninstalling (right click) the IDE controllers from Device Manager (see the following link in 3d to locate the IDE controllers.)

(3f) Is the drive running in UDMA or PIO mode?
    ---Instructions by Womble from CDFreaks forums---

(4) Have you tried different media? Memorex uses many different manufacturers for their discs, some of which can be poor quality. Use a program like DVD Identifier to find out who really made the disc.

(5) If internal, check the IDE cables for bent pins, cut/punctures/holes in the cabling. Do not use a round IDE cable. Try replacing the cable.

(6) Make sure the drive's jumpers are set correctly.

*Note: try searching the Microsoft knowledgebase (in their support section of the web site for your specific error. I seem to recall reading that error is USB related, though I could be wrong.

Good Luck
    Quote Quote