VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I downloaded this a couple hours ago and this thing looks really well made and it supports large video files, and it's all free. BIG thumbs up from this low-budget YouTuber. However, I'm making a video and I want to make four separate text "objects" into one object. Is there a way to merge the layers they're on or something like that, or am I just boned?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You never mentioned what app you are working with.

But in general, your options are to:
    1. Create nested layers/nested projects (where one project/session/timeline references another pre-created one). This is best in terms of continued opportunity to edit, but is complex and doesn't help if your resources are already limited.
    2. Render to intermediate clip (and re-import). Always possible to do, but bypasses ability to re-edit (unless you make alternate/safety backups of your previous session/project). Plus, you will need to use a lossless codec to avoid buildup of artifacts.
    3. Similar to #2, but w/o background clip (or use black/green, etc). Can be re-layered on top of other clips/background layers. Same caveats as #2.
    4. Use a diff app to create text/subs/titles, and then render, and import, possibly using alpha channel to make compositing even easier. (I use BluffTitler a bunch).

Scott
    Quote Quote