VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How Often Do You Eat Fast Food?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Will Hay
    Like I said, that's why I added a smiley face and 'gave you the benefit of the doubt'; a term like that in England would be considered racist.

Will
    Don't worry, dcsos. Will is obviously a moronic ultra-liberal brit who has a PC stick stuck way up his ass. The rest of us understood that you meant no offense.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Only eat fast food once a week either on Saturday or Sunday. McDonalds fried apple pie calls my name on the weekends!

Regarding the PAKI joint comment. Where I'm from we have a term called, "PAKE", which is a slang for chinese. At first I thought you meant a chinese restaurant.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Will is obviously a moronic ultra-liberal brit
    like me an Ultra Liberal (moronic?) Yank

but back to topic I just read the COLORNEL owns China
    China has often seemed a land of dashed dreams for foreign companies eager to sell to 1.3 billion mainland consumers. But for KFC, this frontier has proved unexpectedly bountiful. Since opening its first mainland outlet in Beijing in 1987, the fried-chicken chain has gone on to become the most recognized global brand among urban consumers in China.
    http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/article/0,13673,501031124-543845,00.html
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by dcsos
    Will is obviously a moronic ultra-liberal brit
    like me an Ultra Liberal (moronic?) Yank

but back to topic I just read the COLORNEL owns China
    China has often seemed a land of dashed dreams for foreign companies eager to sell to 1.3 billion mainland consumers. But for KFC, this frontier has proved unexpectedly bountiful. Since opening its first mainland outlet in Beijing in 1987, the fried-chicken chain has gone on to become the most recognized global brand among urban consumers in China.
    http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/article/0,13673,501031124-543845,00.html
    No need for the question mark next to moronic. I can confirm that now.
    Quote Quote  
  5. mcdonalds/kfc/burger king taste dreadful and contain so much crap
    mcdonalds salads contain more fat than their burgers
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040309/od_nm/health_mcdonalds_salad_dc_2
    very amusing if im forced to go to a mcdonalds drive thru when out with friends i opt for a mcflurry and a coke and get some real food later

subway is great fairly healthy and tastes so damn good
    id say i prolly get 3 a week

takeaway pizza is great and the leftovers are good when reheated for breakfast average atleast 2 a week

last week i walked past kfc and this really fat woman was sat at a window table with 2 buckets stuffing her fat face with both hands if thats not enough to put people off from going in then i dont know what is
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hhhhbk
    mcdonalds/kfc/burger king taste dreadful and contain so much crap
    mcdonalds salads contain more fat than their burgers
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040309/od_nm/health_mcdonalds_salad_dc_2
    very amusing if im forced to go to a mcdonalds drive thru when out with friends i opt for a mcflurry and a coke and get some real food later

subway is great fairly healthy and tastes so damn good
    id say i prolly get 3 a week

takeaway pizza is great and the leftovers are good when reheated for breakfast average atleast 2 a week

last week i walked past kfc and this really fat woman was sat at a window table with 2 buckets stuffing her fat face with both hands if thats not enough to put people off from going in then i dont know what is
    Apparently you haven't tried the honey BBQ wings.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like the Chicken McTurdlets
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've read some interesting facts about Fast Food.

Chicken McNuggets have 2x the amount of Fat than their Hamburgers

In the 80s, i believe it was, Jack In The Box almost went out of business when it was discovered that 30,000 pounds of their hamburger meat contained E-Coli. By the time the recall was done 20,000 pounds had already been eaten.

McDonalds is so anti-union that they have closed stores and reopened them next door to the old store and did not rehire the people from the previous store that supported joining a union.

A lot of vegitables are actually favored with meat products, but are able to hide under the ingredents as "Natural Flavors". Thus making being a vegan very difficult.

Hi-C, Jello, and many juice makers use a pigment that colors their products pink that is made by collecting a certain kind of bug, grinding them into a paste and mixing them in with their product.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Read this book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060938455/qid=1079975087/sr=8-1/ref=pd_...books&n=507846

It will seriously update your viewpoint on the "fastfood" industry from the shamefull way the argibusiness treats animals to the way the food companies treat their employees.

Oh, yes, have you heard that the latest thing from the Bushies:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/20/business/20jobs.html

In brief: reclassify burger flipping as a manufacturing job so that the losses in that sector may offset by the tremendous growth in minimum wage work.

George W. Bush: The best president money can buy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I pick up a blimpies sandwich everyday on my way home from school almost everyday. So that's 5 days a week.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by garibaldo
    Originally Posted by Will Hay
    Like I said, that's why I added a smiley face and 'gave you the benefit of the doubt'; a term like that in England would be considered racist.

Will
    Don't worry, dcsos. Will is obviously a moronic ultra-liberal brit who has a PC stick stuck way up his ass. The rest of us understood that you meant no offense.
    Thank you for living up to the stereotypical yank.
    Thankfully the friends I have in Calif are streets ahead of you in terms of the evolutionary chain.
    I didn't say I was offended you anal moneky, I simply noted that to an Indian or Pakastani living in the UK and reading that would be offended, but being three strands of DNA less than the rest of us why would you have understodo that?
    Now, **** off, or PM me and I'll help you evolve and teach you what it means to be an inhabitant of this planet.
    Will Hay
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, but no thanks for the Ad for the NYT , triphop.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    So, Will,is their a Pakistani cuisine, or is the "Paki" just a slur.

I must admit, I would not have known it was a slur but for "Bend it Like Beckham" where the girl attacks the other girl for calling her a "Paki", and she an Indian. Got the Red Card for it.. And her Irish "boyfriend" didn't understand, even when she tried to explain how offensive and derogatory the term was to an Indian.

Do you have a new daughter, yet?

TGPO, don't go by all the crap you hear about how unhealthy the foods are, what with all that fat, and all. You will die without fat in your diet, plain and simple.

The pro- and anti- Atkins style, high fat diets are going bonkers, what with "real" heart doctors testing patients under controlled conditions and bemoaning the fact that they have been preacing for years to cut out all fats and watching their patients and acolytes get fatter and fatter, and die younger and younger, and this just flies in the face of all we have been preaching for 50 years.

Jack in the Box is not the only food purveyor who has tainted meat. The largest packing houses in the country have shipped ground beef in the range of millions of pounds and fought the FDA to a draw on recalls, knowing full well that most of the, very perishable, ground beef will have been served-eaten, before a recall would help.

There are millions of cases of food poisoning inthis country every year. Most are from the party in power saying that they're quite capable of policing themselves, we don't have to have all those inspectors checking to make sure they don't get cow shit on the meat they throw in the grinders.

That is where e-coli comes from. So, the next time you get a burger, take a bite, and say "This tastes like shit", spit it out and get a dose of really strong mouthwash.

Cheers,

George
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi George,
    Yeah, it is a slur, and simply my point; I knew the Yanks didn't know this.
    Little girl?

The little bugger should have been here by now, wife getting really pissed off, should be anytime.
    In fact, she had contractions between 11pm and 3am this (Tues) morning but they stopped!!!!!!!!
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by FOO
    Thaks, but no thanks for the Ad for the NYT , triphop.
    Damn! You cost my my ad revenue. but you can't be serious about ad-revenue... How else do some of these players justify a free website...

Another thing about the word "paki" is that it is used as a generic term for any brown skinned person who is of caucasian descent. Its kind of par for the course for the rascists - ignorance and intolerance are happy bedfellows.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Will,

I do believe you told me/us, that it was a girl and you hadn't an idea what to name her. Boys, dozens of suitables, no girl's names.

Hope, as it's late, no courteous twins. "After you, my dear." "No, no, after you."

triphop, where are you from, generally, and is that an ethnic slur, in general?

Life sucks a little, doesn't it?

Back to Will,

I guess Futbol is out of the question for a while, huh? Gonna have to suck that gut in instead of run it off. My g'daughter's first game is April 4th, don't know, with the rain,if they will get any practice in. Still gonna enjoy the hell out of it, even though my ass freezes in my folding chair. Have to send a pic of it. Only soccer ball patterned chair I have ever seen, and I got it.

Later.

Cheers,

George
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    and i though paki was short for pakastani...silly me!

sort of like
    serb for serbian
    brit for briton
    finn for finnish

but apparantely not..this is then the first exception of this kind i've seen!
    where just shortening the term can get you fried!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by dcsos
    and i though paki was short for pakastani...silly me!

sort of like
    serb for serbian
    brit for briton
    finn for finnish

but apparanttely not..this is then the first exception of this kind i've seen!
    where just shortening the term can get you fried!
    Serb and Finn are the correct terms for people of their ethnic groups. Brit is a stupid americanism. Paki is a stupid (and offensive) term used by Brits ( ) for brown-skinned people of caucasian descent. Its like the word ****** - equally offensive.

There - easy to understand, no?

PS. I was born in South Africa - so I have a very close knowledge of racists and other mentally retarded people.

PPS. Brit is for British - a collective term for people of Wales, Scotland, England and Ireland. Except that the Scottish and Welsh and Irish don't fancy the term much (to all differing degrees). Great Britain and all that is a concept that is fading like the memories of empire...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, ignorance racists Brits use the term, I've not heard it anywhere else.

George, should be anytime now, next 48 hours I guess
    Will Hay
    Quote Quote  
  20. I work at a restaurant which is pretty much "fast food" BUT 95% of everything cooked to order (most of everything you get at fast food places are already made, SHOULD be no more than an hour old depending on what food item it is... this is why you get FAST food, I've worked in both). I eat food on line occasionally to make up for not taking breaks... fried food mostly but for the non-nutritional value I don't get I make up through "exercise" I put into my work 8 hours a day 5 times a week.

I'm one of those few who takes a lot of pride in their work, compared to the rest of my co-workers who don't seem much motivated in this business (mostly because of pay probably and the labor-intensive aspect)... I may not be paid as much compared to other "behind the desk" professions but I strongly believe in the notion that 'motion creates emotion' and a physically active lifestyle is a healthy one... Not to get too off topic, but I really like my job
    Quote Quote  
  21. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm one of those few who takes a lot of pride in their work, compared to the rest of my co-workers who don't seem much motivated in this business (mostly because of pay probably and the labor-intensive aspect)... I may not be paid as much compared to other "behind the desk" professions but I strongly believe in the notion that 'motion creates emotion' and a physically active lifestyle is a healthy one... Not to get too off topic, but I really like my job
    Too bad there aren't more people with vivisimonvi's attitude. It's sadly lacking in every area - not just restaurants. I hope nothing ever happens to you that changes that outlook, vivisimonvi
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The odd thing is in MANHATTAN I've spotted two signs on EATING ESTABLISHMENTS
    which identify the RESTAURANT as one that has "PAKI" food
    (the signs say INDIAN and PAKI actally at one of em)
    you'd think that wouldn't fly!
    One of them, called Biryani, I've actually eaten at.. NOT BAD AT THAT...
    but as it took an hour to eat there It hardly classisfies as fast food!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Kentuck fried chicken uses a genetically modified chicken that's blind... called animal 53 (or 59? forgot) .. i find that horrible...

Paki isn't very offensive around new york...
    Quote Quote  
  24. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mujahid7ia
    Kentuck fried chicken uses a genetically modified chicken that's blind... called animal 53 (or 59? forgot) .. i find that horrible...

Paki isn't very offensive around new york...
    It is horrible but you can't really single out one chain. Look at how mad cow disease (VCJD in humans) got spread - taking a herbivore like a cow and feeding it remains of other animals like sheep brains. A friend on my floor at work lost a family member in the UK to the disease.

Or go take a tour of a slaughterhouse. You'll probably come back a vegetarian. That's why I don't go ....I love steak and hamburgers too much
    Quote Quote