VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a free easy to use, program like Nero which copies entire cds and burns mp3 to cd-r?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ImgBurn but it's better than Nero
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have IMGburn. It doesn't copy disc to disc. You have to do a workaround where you extract ISO from disc. Then you burn the ISO to disc. Technically the same thing but just extra step instead of "copy disc".

Also, I don't think IMGburn allows you to drag and drop mp3s and then burn.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The process of copy disc generally takes longer and is more error prone than simply making either a normal copy with VIDEO_TS folder plus AUDIO_TS folder or making an ISO. The computer has to read the disc and then do the burn process. Drag and drop versus open a folder and select what's the difficulty? Anyway IMGBurn has a far better technical track record than Nero. So to answer your original question there simply aren't any free program that are much the same as Nero. Hope that helps. Have a look through here
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/burn
    and here
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/dvd-to-dvd
    Last edited by netmask56; 1st Mar 2017 at 01:40.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Can you use Imgburn to burn mp3s to a cd-r?

Is it the "Write files/folders to disc" option? Was playing with it but haven't burned it. Doesn't seem like you can drag and drop files according the order how you like it once you add it, thats the order it is in.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How to Burn MP3 Music Files & Folders to CD using ImgBurn

Insert a blank CD into the CD/DVD burner drive of your PC.
    Open ImgBurn.
    Click on "Write files/folders to disc".
    Click on "File" located at the top left and choose between:

Doesn't seem like you can drag and drop files according the order how you like it once you add it, that's the order it is in.
    No you can't drag, as far as I know, but you can right click on a file and then move it as per attached image.. I suspect a lot of people forget that right clicking often produces interesting and useful menu items...?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGB.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	40807  

Quote Quote  
  7. Just watch out for the unwanted 'bonus' software that Burnaware Free installs. I tried it recently and carefully unticked all the optional extras but it still installed an anti-virus program I didn't want and changed my browser search defaults.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by davejavu View Post
    Just watch out for the unwanted 'bonus' software that Burnaware Free installs. I tried it recently and carefully unticked all the optional extras but it still installed an anti-virus program I didn't want and changed my browser search defaults.
    http://www.burnaware.com/download.html look along bottom of page for "Also you can download free version without optional offers".The words free version is a link to the ad free one
    Quote Quote  
  9. https://www.videohelp.com/software/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-Free

Watch out for the ad-ware when installing. One of my favourite burners.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 6th Oct 2017 at 15:52.
    Quote Quote