VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. It does have miniDV player on the left side. I tried connecting it directly to the Dazzle device along with the S-Video cable and it had more video/audio problems while capturing to my computer. At this point I think that either the Dazzle device is not that great or I may try converting the miniDV tapes to VHS then convert them with my other video capture device that I know works.

I am getting a second opinion from a family member that works with computers to see if they can get it to work.

I do thank all of you for all the advice you have given and will keep you informed of my progress.

Jon
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jon, you could try S-video into your other device (what is it, if you don't mind me asking?). Going via the DV>VHS>capture route would be worst way of doing this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just made a 4:3 DV recording and captured it from the Hv20 successfully, in good quality, from the Composite port to my GV-USB2 with Virtual Dub. I think the Dazzle may be the problem point.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I think Dazzle is as well.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Minor Update. My Uncle was able to get the proper firewire and a mac with the proper port. The results turned out well so now he is waiting for a usb-c adapter in order to see if the process will work on his surface pro. It seems that the Dazzle video capture device was the problem.

Thank you all again for your help.

Jon
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jon, You won't find a cheap Firewire-USB C adapter.

I do not have a clue about Macs, but I'd try copying the videos from the Mac onto an external USB 3 drive and transferring them to the Surface that way (or indeed just leaving them on the external drive for editing on the Surface).
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have the proper set up now to import my tapes. I have a Mac with a firewire port and the proper firewire from the camcorder to the computer. iMovie is able to import the miniDV tapes and the video looks great. However I now have a new problem. I do not know how to use iMovie to properly import a tape as I have never used it before. I figured out how to put the clips from the importing process into one file but the audio is missing and I do not know why. The audio plays fine through the camcorder but will not play on the files that I make. Is there a setting that I am missing or an extra step that I have to take? I know that I ask this a lot but what am I doing wrong?

Jon
    Quote Quote  
  8. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Is there a way to set Type I or Type II audio in iMovie, Sorry I'm not familiar with Mac, If it was PC it will be a straight forward 1:1 transfer using WinDV or ScelyzerLive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You would be better off starting a new thread specific to this issue on the Mac forum.

But, initially, to test that you actually did transfer audio load a transferred clip in to a bespoke Mac player such as quicktime or iTunes.

But I would have thought that iMovie will have to re-encode the imported clips since they are, if I understand correctly, in a .mov container

And you can always post a mediainfo report of one of the clips (might have to transfer that to a PC first) for clarification of the transferred format and qualities.
    Quote Quote