VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am authoring blu-ray discs in Sony DVD Architect. So far I have burnt a Verbatim BD-R DL disc and it worked fine in my PS4. But what about BD-RE discs? I have read that BD-RE version 1.0 will NOT work and I have also read that a free firmware update is available that will provide compatibility with BD-R and BD-RE discs recorded in the BDMV format but the firmware upgrade does not support BD-R and BD-RE discs recorded in the BDAV format.
    What is BDMV or BDAV and how do I know if discs created in Sony DVD Architect have this or not?
    Kal
    Quote Quote  
  2. BDMV format is the same file stucture you would get on a commercial BD with support for menus,pop-up menus,subtitles etc etc
    BDAV is basic disc with next to no menu support
    i wouldn't worry about BD-RE version 1.0,that was the first revision from 2002,i would imagine all new BD-RE discs and players will be on a higher revision
    check this page https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/videos/videodisc.html

i'm using TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6,here's a screen of menu creation of BDMV
    [Attachment 54106 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Loki1968; 11th Jul 2020 at 11:40.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by younso View Post
    I am authoring blu-ray discs in Sony DVD Architect. So far I have burnt a Verbatim BD-R DL disc and it worked fine in my PS4. But what about BD-RE discs? I have read that BD-RE version 1.0 will NOT work and I have also read that a free firmware update is available that will provide compatibility with BD-R and BD-RE discs recorded in the BDMV format but the firmware upgrade does not support BD-R and BD-RE discs recorded in the BDAV format.
    What is BDMV or BDAV and how do I know if discs created in Sony DVD Architect have this or not?
    you can check the playable disc formats playable on the ps4 here - https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/videos/videodisc.html
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    great, thanks to both of you .
    Kal
    Quote Quote