VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. At the moment I'm using QTGMC to deinterlace and denoise my videos, and it works pretty well except that that at the moment I need to throw out half my frames.

The deinterlacer splits one interlaced frame into two progressive frames, doubling the framerate, but it seems to be placing the two new frames in the wrong order, resulting in a jitter that is only solved by throwing away half of the frames.

Is there a way to ensure that QTGMC places the frames in the correct order?

At the moment, this is my current script in its entirety:
    Code:
    sourceOne=AVISource("Wedding unedited pt1.avi")
    sourceTwo=AVISource("Wedding unedited pt2.avi")

trimmedPartOne = sourceOne.Trim(10, 221060)
    trimmedPartTwo = sourceTwo.Trim(28,36025)

mergedSource = trimmedPartOne + trimmedPartTwo

#chroma restoration for analog source material
    chroma=mergedSource.Cnr2("oxx",8,16,191,100,255,32,255,false)

cleaned = chroma.QTGMC(Preset="slow", EZDenoise=2.0, EdiMode="EEDI3", EdiMaxD=16, TrueMotion=true)#.SelectEven()

#Commented out attempts to degreen the video as seen in another thread I've posted.

return cleaned
    EdiMode="EEDI3", EdiMaxD=16, TrueMotion=true were added in an attempt to get QTGMC to better detect which way the frames should be arranged. They didn't seem to do anything, or at least nothing that I was looking for, namely the frames falling in the correct order.

The two clips are video that has been recorded across two VHS tapes by the same camera at roughly the same time, which I'm joining together into a single video after cutting off the static on each end. I can process the two clips separately, though I haven't noticed any issues with processing them joined together yet.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Katherine1 View Post
    At the moment I'm using QTGMC to deinterlace and denoise my videos, and it works pretty well except that that at the moment I need to throw out half my frames.

The deinterlacer splits one interlaced frame into two progressive frames, doubling the framerate, but it seems to be placing the two new frames in the wrong order, resulting in a jitter that is only solved by throwing away half of the frames.

You need to assume the correct field order for each video before using QTGMC or any deinterlacer . By default, avisynth assumes BFF (bottom field first) . If you get jerky fwd/back, it's TFF (top field first)

sourceOne=AVISource("Wedding unedited pt1.avi").AssumeTFF()
    sourceTwo=AVISource("Wedding unedited pt2.avi").AssumeTFF()
    Quote Quote  
  3. That did it, thanks! I'm sorry if this was a basic question. I'm learning as I go and didn't find any explanation of why it was doing that searching.
    Quote Quote