VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Steve
    Search Comp PM
    Can anybody get this software to process any clips? I can't. All I get when Virtualdub opens up are two error messages saying the clip cannot be processed or opened
    Quote Quote  
  2. This forum has a dedicated Film9 thread where you can find the developers and experienced users:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/369010-FILM9-Restoration-software-for-old-films-%2...ighlight=film9

I don't think Film9 expects you to open your video in VDub before being allowed to use the program. You'll open your video in the Film9 GUI:

http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor?AVGAFFILIATE=3305
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Steve Elliott View Post
    Can anybody get this software to process any clips? I can't. All I get when Virtualdub opens up are two error messages saying the clip cannot be processed or opened
    Be sure you open the AviSynth script in VirtualDub with File -> Open Video File, not File -> Run Script. The latter is for VirtualDub's own scripting language.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Steve
    Search Comp PM
    It opens Virtualdub automatically, I can't stop it from doing so.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Then what's the exact error message you get? AviSynth's error messages are usually very precise.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Steve
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your help but I've decided to uninstall Film9. It won't even open now. Looks like it's a load of crap if I'm honest.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Steve
    Search Comp PM
    The errors I got when trying to process a clip were 'Microsoft NET framework....unhandled exception.... And Avisynth open failure auto detect couldn't open the file....
    Quote Quote  
  8. Moved to other thread.
    Quote Quote