VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I don't do video editing on a regular basis, but have basic knowledge with corel video studio, vegas pro 11 etc.
    I need a suggestion for this particular task. Let me explain.
    I have this video in different language.
    I also have the audio in separate file for that video in the language I prefer.
    But problem is, this language audio is not in sync with the video.
    I'll need to trim some part and I'll need to insert slight delay in various places.

So I need something like audacity but with video preview and srt subtitle support.
    So that I can sync the audio with the video.

At the end I'll need a audio file that i can simply merge with the video with mkvmerge.

Can you please suggest how I should do it?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I play the video with the audio using MPC-HC, at the same time opening the audio in Audacity. When I come to a place where it goes out of synch I find out by how much and then fix it in Audacity. I can save the audio and then test the edited version with the video. Or I can just keep going and add a delay for the old audio to make it in synch again until the next time it goes out of synch.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Vegas pro 11 will let you unlink the audio from the video. Just cut the audio track and move the slices.
    Use CTRL + SHIFT + U to unlink.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Vegas pro 11 will let you unlink the audio from the video. Just cut the audio track and move the slices.
    Use CTRL + SHIFT + U to unlink.
    Thanks. will try now.

Edit: problem with vegas 11 is, it doesn't show the srt subtitle text in preview.
    It is really difficult to match the audio if I can't see the subtitle. The subtitle is in perfects sync.

Is there any way to show the subtitle?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by badhon_raj View Post
    Is there any way to show the subtitle?
    Do a quick reencode of the video with the subtitles hardcoded or 'burned in'.

I've never heard of anyone synching audio to subtitles. I do a lot of synching but only need the video to do it.
    Quote Quote