VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm so sorry to make this my first post but I really can't find solutions online.

After successfully adding an audio and sub track to a movie as a test (Brave Story JP Blu-ray), I decided it was finally time to put an expensive import to use and mux in some sub tracks and re-rip so I can watch a series unlikely to make it over here.

I'm finding whenever I import the 40gb BDMV folder of my hard drive[Note that I have been working off of this guide previously], MultiAVCHD is reading the files as much larger, saying after initial import that the files I have put in total 100.7gb and will output at 106.7gb; this is before I modify anything. I considered maybe the estimate was just awful and let the process run anyway- only to get a folder around ~58gb (I can't give an exact size because I deleted the folder) and upon testing the videos the subtitles weren't showing up, rather they would only show up in the post-credits episode preview after Episode 1.
    I've tried re-importing/re-copying the disc a few times but am achieving the same result. Is it more difficult to work with TV shows than film? Am I not copying the disc correctly (I am just popping the disc in my laptop and Drag/Dropping it onto an external hard drive, crude- but worked just fine with the film I tested the process out on. Granted that is a MUCH earlier Blu-Ray release)? I'd worry it's the subtitles but issues are appearing long before I add the files in.

For somewhat poorly written and confusing reference the disc I'm working with is the first disc of the Macross Frontier Blu-Ray Boxset, the 10 playlist files on this one are a bit odd in that Playlist 0001.mpls is Episodes 1-4, 0002.mpls seems to be the same without the previews, 0003 and 0004/0005 and 0006 equate to two seemingly identical files of two different alternate cuts of episode 1 (as in 0003/0004 is one cut, twice and 0005/0006 is another cut, twice). 0007, 0008 and 0009 being the full Episode 1 cut, episode 3 and 4 respectively (Episode 2 is only available in the full episode playlists 0001 and 0002).

Any help would be appreciated. In case you can't tell I'm both very new to this and not very knowledgeable. I plan to learn the intricacies of this one day- but for now I just want to be able to add subtitles to my imported Blu-Ray sets.

(By the way. If I add the subtitle files I've edited and re-timed, will fade effects and positioning for signs be disregarded/get in the way? I edited out all the styling, karaoke effects and fancy stuff- it's just a pain to take out the fade effects of some of the signs and song lyrics and I don't know much about re positioning the sign translation text as I know little on subbing, I mean it all looks fine for me when I load it in MPC-HC over the mpls playlist but I know that doesn't necessarily come up nicely once the .ass has been converted to a BD friendly file)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you just drag the bdmv folder to your hdd? And you can then play the m2ts from the hdd?

Didn't you use any blu-ray rippers like anydvdhd, dvdfab passkey.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 21st May 2015 at 17:58.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Can you just drag the bdmv folder to your hdd? And you can then play the m2ts from the hdd?

Didn't you use any blu-ray rippers like anydvdhd, dvdfab passkey.
    Nope I didn't use any program other than Windows Explorer.
    I was honestly surprised it would let me do that at all, I'm thinking it may have something to do with AnyDVDHD being installed on my computer if this is something people without the program can't do.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you have anydvdhd installed you are ripping when you just copying the files.

I have no experience with multiavhcd. You can see if you can use something else like bdrebuilder, avchdcoder, bdtoavchd and see if they support external subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    But just to be sure you use anydvdhd right click on anydvdhd-icon in notificition area and choose Rip to the hdd.
    Quote Quote