VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. What is the problem with MVCPlanes2OFS ?
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi !
    I just would like to thank you about BD3D2MK3D !
    Even if the first try are difficult for a newbie, the result is very good !
    One thing is missing: a base tutorial ... but it's a charm

Thank you and go on !
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your positive review.

I agree that a tutorial would be great, but since English is not my native language, I have never had the courage to write it. Sorry !
    Anyway, I reply to any question here or at the Doom9 forum.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ...Et bien alors, faut commencer en français !!!
    Go , go gooo, ...enfin Allons-y, allons-y allons-y
    Quote Quote  
  5. Farpaitement !
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi r0lZ - thanks for your efforts with this software. Love my 3D movies, so it is great to be finally starting to look at converting them to Full SBS.

I use a Quest 2 with SkyBox or PC via Virtual Desktop (and Rift version of SkyBox if necessary) for watching these now (my 3D TV is gone to make way for the new one).

Do you have to finish the encode first, before you can Mux 3D? I assume with just remuxing it should retain the same quality as the demux output files? If encoding is required, is the default setting the best quality for the encode?

Update - was having an issue with DTS and the audio delays freezing, but I updated my AviSynth and it seemed to fix it.
    Last edited by Grocs; 2nd Jun 2022 at 05:20.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Grocs View Post
    Hi r0lZ - thanks for your efforts with this software. Love my 3D movies, so it is great to be finally starting to look at converting them to Full SBS.
    Thanks !

Originally Posted by Grocs View Post
    Do you have to finish the encode first, before you can Mux 3D? I assume with just remuxing it should retain the same quality as the demux output files? If encoding is required, is the default setting the best quality for the encode?
    Well, you have to re-encode anyway to convert from the format of the 3D video on the BD to SBS or TAB. The internal format is AVC+MVC, two completely separated streams, that most software players are unable to show in 3D. Anyway, BD3D2MK3D cannot keep these two original streams in a MKV container. If you want to try that, use MakeMKV (and don't forget to tick the option to keep also the MVC video stream, disabled by default).

BD3D2MK3D decodes the AVC and MVC streams to obtain the two views, combine them as full or half SBBS or TAB (or as the less used frame sequential format), and re-encodes the combined view in AVC (aka h264) or HEVC (aka h265) format, suitable for most 3D players.

Of course, re-encoding means a quality loss. You can modify the quality of the encoding by playing with the encoder options in the last tab. The most important option is the CRF value, set by default to 23 (for h264). That default value has been chosen by the authors of the x264 encoder, and IMO it is a good compromise between quality and file size, but most demanding users prefer to lower it. A small value offers an excellent quality, undistinguishable from the original. A CRF of 0 means lossless encoding, but a huge file size (that may be much larger than the original files on the BD !) A very good starting value is between 18 and 20, but you may try for example 15 if disc size is not a problem for you. I have read somewhere that lowering the CRF value by 3 produces approximately a video stream two times larger, but I'm not sure it's correct. I suggest to do a little test with a small clip to determine the best quality for you.

Avoid the "recommendations" of many web sites, telling for example that 2-pass encoding is better than CRF, or that a certain bitrate is necessary to obtain a good quality. It's totally wrong. CRF is certainly the best encoding method (unless you want to obtain a precise file size, for example to copy the movie on a DVD or BD while retaining the best quality). In CRF mode, the final bitrate depends mainly of the content of the movie, and is therefore difficult to predict or control, but that's useless. For example, a Pixar or other CGI animated movie is much easier to compress without much quality loss than an action movie with much grain and noise in the picture. With CRF, the quality is determined by the CRF value and remains constant, regardless of the difficulty to compress the movie.

Originally Posted by Grocs View Post
    Update - was having an issue with DTS and the audio delays freezing, but I updated my AviSynth and it seemed to fix it.
    Strange. I have never encountered that problem. Thanks for letting me know.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks r0lZ for the detailed explanation. I have just tried encoding using 18 CRF and it seems like a pretty good compromise between file size and quality.

Yes, have used MakeMKV (and ensuring I select the 2nd video stream) but so far apart most player apps can't handle the frame packed sequential 3D, hence giving your excellent app a go.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just another question if I may. With the preset option - (medium, fast, slow etc) does that have an impact on the final file size as well?
    Quote Quote  
  10. The preset option determines a lot of other parameters. The presets have been added to x264 and x265 to facilitate the life of casual users, so that they can easily select an encoding that suit their needs, without having to cope with hundreds of more or less obscure parameters. Normally, a slower preset uses more sophisticated encoding techniques, and therefore give better results for a a similar file size, or a smaller file size for a similar result.

But take care. Since the encoding is more complex, the decoding is also slower, and if you select a preset too difficult to decode by your player, you may experiment jerky playback. I use the slow preset, that give good result with my Samsung 3D TV, but I need to avoid slower presets. If you use only software players running on a recent PC, I suppose you can select an even slower preset.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again r0lZ - that makes sense.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    What is the problem with MVCPlanes2OFS ?
    Get 0 OFS file output, try at least 20 3D blu ray ISO
    I replace the original MVCPlanes2OFS to OFSExtractor, which is a modified MVCPlanes2OFS by TheGreatMcPain. OFSExtractor work on most 3D blu ray, but some ISO malfunction and memory flooding

Thanks
    Windows 10
    AMD 5900X
    BD3D2MK3D 1.23

MVCPlanes2OFS Log

Searching 3D-Planes ...

Done

Searching and removing empty 3D-Planes...

Empty 3D-Plane #00 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #01 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #02 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #03 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #04 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #05 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #06 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #07 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #08 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #09 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #10 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #11 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #12 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #13 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #14 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #15 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #16 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #17 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #18 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #19 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #20 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #21 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #22 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #23 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #24 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #25 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #26 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #27 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #28 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #29 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #30 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #31 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #32 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #33 removed
    Empty 3D-Plane #34 removed

EAccessViolation: Violation d'acces a l'adresse 0043D0B9 dans le module 'MVCPlanes2OFS.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 00000018

Extraction took 1 seconds (00:00:01)
    Extracted 0 3D-planes with 0 frames @ 0 fps.

OFSExtractor Log

OFSExtractor 1.0 64bit by TheGreatMcPain (aka Sixsupersonic on doom9)
    This program was compiled on Jun 27 2020 16:19:04 CDT.

Searching file for 3D-Planes.

Checking 3D-Planes for valid depth values.

3D-Plane #00
    NumFrames: 1431
    Minimum depth: 2
    Maximum depth: 11
    Average depth: 5.87
    Number of changes of depth value: 7
    First frame with a defined depth: 275
    Last frame with a defined depth: 1344
    Number of frames with undefined depth: 649
    Identical Planes: None

3D-Plane #01 is empty.

3D-Plane #02 is empty.

3D-Plane #03 is empty.

3D-Plane #04 is empty.

3D-Plane #05 is empty.

3D-Plane #06 is empty.

3D-Plane #07 is empty.

3D-Plane #08 is empty.

3D-Plane #09 is empty.

3D-Plane #10 is empty.

3D-Plane #11 is empty.

3D-Plane #12 is empty.

3D-Plane #13 is empty.

3D-Plane #14 is empty.

3D-Plane #15 is empty.

3D-Plane #16 is empty.

3D-Plane #17 is empty.

3D-Plane #18 is empty.

3D-Plane #19 is empty.

3D-Plane #20 is empty.

3D-Plane #21 is empty.

3D-Plane #22 is empty.

3D-Plane #23 is empty.

3D-Plane #24 is empty.

3D-Plane #25 is empty.

3D-Plane #26 is empty.

3D-Plane #27 is empty.

3D-Plane #28 is empty.

3D-Plane #29 is empty.

3D-Plane #30 is empty.

3D-Plane #31 is empty.

Number of 3D-Planes in MVC stream: 32
    Number of 3D-Planes written: 1
    Number of frames: 1431
    Framerate: 23.976

Extraction took 1 seconds (00:00:01)
    Extracted 0 3D-planes with 0 frames @ 0 fps.
    1 warnings!
    Last edited by t19922006; 20th Jul 2022 at 02:51.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hum, I see. I've searched for posts by Sixsupersonic on Doom9, and, obviously, he has only posted this single post. And, indeed, I remember now having helped him to convert MVCPlanes2OFS to a format more compatible with Wine under Linux. Perhaps, in that precise case, his program works better than the original version. May I know if you use BD3D2MK3D under Linux ?

Anyway, I will try his version, although I am pretty sure that, in normal circumstances, under Windows, MVCPlanes2OFS works perfectly, and has never missed any (non-empty) 3D-Plane.

Also, I see in your log EAccessViolation: Violation d'acces a l'adresse 0043D0B9 dans le module 'MVCPlanes2OFS.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 00000018. It's the first time I see that error. Maybe there is semething wrong in your system ?

BTW, if you have trouble writing here in English, you can write me an email in French (it's my native language). Look near the bottom of the PgcEdit homepage to find my email address. (Link in my signature.)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    Hum, I see. I've searched for posts by Sixsupersonic on Doom9, and, obviously, he has only posted this single post. And, indeed, I remember now having helped him to convert MVCPlanes2OFS to a format more compatible with Wine under Linux. Perhaps, in that precise case, his program works better than the original version. May I know if you use BD3D2MK3D under Linux ?

Anyway, I will try his version, although I am pretty sure that, in normal circumstances, under Windows, MVCPlanes2OFS works perfectly, and has never missed any (non-empty) 3D-Plane.

Also, I see in your log EAccessViolation: Violation d'acces a l'adresse 0043D0B9 dans le module 'MVCPlanes2OFS.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 00000018. It's the first time I see that error. Maybe there is semething wrong in your system ?

BTW, if you have trouble writing here in English, you can write me an email in French (it's my native language). Look near the bottom of the PgcEdit homepage to find my email address. (Link in my signature.)
    Thanks for your reply
    Try MVCPlanes2OFS on Win10 AMD and Win7 Intel both get 2 type of error on different 3D ISO
    1. EAccessViolation: Violation d'acces a l'adresse 0043D0B9 dans le module 'MVCPlanes2OFS.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 00000018
    2. empty 3D-Plane

May be the problem is cause by edited ISO, most of the ISO are download form Internet
    Last edited by t19922006; 22nd Jul 2022 at 01:09.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply

May be MVCPlanes2OFS not work on AMD Windows 10 and Intel Windows 7
    I just test same file at Intel Windows 10(new install Windows), MVCPlanes2OFS work great
    Last edited by t19922006; 22nd Jul 2022 at 01:38.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I have just tried to replace MVCPlanes2OFS with OFSExtractor32 in BD3D2MK3D, but unfortunately, that doesn't work. It's because the progress % displayed by the program is output to stderr instead of stdout. It that doesn't make a big difference when the program is used from the CLI, it's another thing when it is launched by another program, that has to control it. There are 2 problems: BD3D2KM3D cannot know the progress % and update the progress bar accordingly, and, more important, the numerous messages to stderr are interpreted as errors. (Furthermore, identical % values are displayed a lot of times, instead of only once, and that makes if difficult for another program to compute the remaining time, and the CPU is stressed for no good reason, but that's a minor inconvenience.)

I will try to contact the author to ask him to change the way the program prints the progress %, but in the meantime, I cannot integrate it as it is.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I contacted the author (OFSExtractor) on friday at reddit (username: Sixsupersonic)
    The author said that the program is rewriting

I use OFSExtractor64.exe replace MVCPlanes2OFS
    I temporary run MVCPlanes2OFS on a VM machine

English is my secondary language (1st Chinese)
    Quote Quote  
  18. Yes, I asked him to change the way the program writes the % values, and he did it. I have a new version that should work fine. I still have to test it, and modify BD3D2MK3D to use it instead of MVCPlanes2OFS. Stay tuned...
    Quote Quote  
  19. OK, that was not easy, because for whatever reason, OFSExtractor was incompatible with the way BD3D2MK3D requires it. Several modifications have been necessary, but finally, thanks to Sixsupersonic, it works. So, here is the new version of BD3D2MK3D...
    Quote Quote  
  20. BD3D2MK3D v1.24 released !
    v1.24 (July 25, 2022)
    - Added the animation tuning parameter for x264. (Strangely, it is not mentionned in the help of x265.exe - Thx tOXicSilence!)
    - Replaced MVCPlanes2OFS.exe with the more robust OFSExtractor32.exe (v1.1-beta2-1) to extract the 3D-Planes from the MVC video stream. Thanks to TheGreatMcPain/Sixsupersonic and t19922006 !
    - Updated x264 to the latest version (v0.164.3095)
    - Updated x265 to the latest version (v3.5+37)
    - Updated avs2yuv to the latest version (v0.24bm6)
    - Updated the mkvtoolnix tools to the latest version (v69.0.0 'Day And Age')
    - Replaced the dead link for Info->CinDe Version with a search on DuckDuckGo
    - Java version: Replaced the obsolete link to the AdoptOpenJDK web site to the current Adoptium site containing the latest free Eclipse Temurin JDK version.
    Please note that MVCPlanes2OFS.exe is no longer used, and can freely be deleted from the toolset folder.

Also, I have updated almost all external exe, but I haven't had much time to test the new version, so use this update with care. In case of bug, please describe the problem here. Thanks !

Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z
    Last edited by r0lZ; 5th Aug 2022 at 03:57.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi r0lZ,

I read in the changelog you have updated the mkvtoolnix tools to version 69.0.0.
    Latest MKVToolNix package (GUI) will not run on Windows 7 because of the Qt version it's build with, read https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/406314-MKVToolNix-v69-not-loading (and Mosu's thread on doom9 of course).
    Version 68 would be the last running ok on Win7.

I haven't tried, but I can imagine Windows 7 users running into issues. Or am I wrong and the issue is with the GUI only?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hum, bad news ! However, I'm not sure I will go back to old versions of the various tools BD3D2MK3D uses, just because some users stick to obsolete and abandoned Windows flavours. If they really want to run BD3D2MK3D under an unsupported system, they should be able to replace the binaries with the latest ones supported by their system. Or just keep the last version of BD3D2MK3D that rune fine for them. I don't want to penalize all Win10 and Win11 users just because a few users do not want to live with their times.

However, I agree that BD3D2MK3D should check on what system it runs, and issue a warning if it is not supported. I may add that check soon...

I hope that only the GUI of MkvToolnix is affected by the new Qt, but being a Win10 user, I have no way to check if it's the case.
    Quote Quote  
  23. OK, I just did a little fix for the problem of BD3D2MK3D not running correctly under Windows 8 or less due to the Qt change in MkvToolnix v69.
    Note that this will NOT allow BD3D2KMrD too run winder version of Windows prior to Win10, but if it's the case, a warning will be displayed when the program starts to offer to download MkvToolnix v68. Of course, the warning will not be displayed any more if a compatible version of MkvToolnix is detected.

I have not been able to check if the Qt incompatibility affects only the GUI, but I prefer to offer the possibility to use the last version fully compatible with older versions of Windows anyway.

v1.25 (July 29, 2022)
    - Added a warning if BD3D2MK3D is running under Windows 8 or lower and the incompatible MkvToolnix v69 or greater is installed in the toolset folder. The warning offers to open the download site for MkvToolnix v68.
    Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z
    Last edited by r0lZ; 5th Aug 2022 at 03:57.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Sorry, the download link was not working. It has been fixed in the previous post, and in the first post of this thread. The other download links will probably not work.
    Quote Quote  
  25. WARNING

There is a big bug in OFSExtractor.exe included in the latest versions of BD3D2MK3D. The program may crash after having demuxed the streams, when the so-called 3D-Planes are extracted from the MVC stream to convert the subtitles to 3D. The program should work without problem if you have not ticked any subtitle stream in tab 2, or if the option to convert the subtitles to 3D is disabled in the same tab.

I will release a fixed version soon. In the meantime, you can download the latest version without that bug, v1.23, here. Sorry for the inconvenience !
    Quote Quote  
  26. OK, here is v1.27. MVCPlanes2OFS has been reintroduced, and the problem encountered by some users is certainly fixed. I will perhaps release another version with OFSExtractor again, when the problem will be identified and fixed...
    v1.27 (September 13, 2022)
    - Re-introduced MVCPlanes2OFS instead of OFSExtractor because it creahes under some Windows versions or implementations.
    - Added Help -> Download free 3D ISO for testing, to open the Kodi Wiki page where you can download up to 13 3D samples ready to encode.
    - Removed Help -> Check for Update, because the current http package doesn't support https, now required by VideoHelp.
    Download the latest version here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your everlasting support, r0lZ
    Quote Quote  
  28. OK, finally, here is v1.28. Now, OFSExtractor (fixed) and MVCPlanes2OFS are available. Since OFSExtractor should now run without problem under all versions of Windows (and probably Linux/Wine), it is now the default, but if you experience some problems, you can easily revert to MVCPlanes2OFS with the menu Settings -> Extract 3D-Planes (OFS Files) from MVC with...
    So, I should not need to release another version just for an additional incompatibility !

I have also updated the 3rd-party exes.
    v1.28 (September 25, 2022)
    - Re-introduced OFSExtractor (fixed version v1.1-beta2) together with MVCPlanes2OFS. OFSExtractor is the default, but this can be changed in the Settings menu.
    - Updated x264 to the latest version (v0.164.3098)
    - Updated x265 to the latest version (v3.5+39)
    - Updated the mkvtoolnix tools to the latest version (v70.0.0 'Caught A Lite Sneeze')
    As usual, you can download the latest version here.
    Quote Quote  
  29. If I select Full SBS, I get a video file that's 3840x1080, but both sides are still squashed vertically. I'm confused.

I have a 4K TV, so I should be able to watch in the original 1920x1080 resolution once it's half-rezzed for 3D, thus encoding as full rather than half (why is the LG alternating-lines option not available for Full TAB?). I just don't understand why they're squashed, so I'm only getting half the resolution anyway?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    If I select Full SBS, I get a video file that's 3840x1080, but both sides are still squashed vertically. I'm confused.

I have a 4K TV, so I should be able to watch in the original 1920x1080 resolution once it's half-rezzed for 3D, thus encoding as full rather than half (why is the LG alternating-lines option not available for Full TAB?). I just don't understand why they're squashed, so I'm only getting half the resolution anyway?
    Yes, TV player can only playback Half SBS video(mention on most TV user manual). VR and AR device can playback Full SBS, e.g. Quest 2

Frame-packing is what 3d blurays use, it's a different format than a side-by-side file. Bluray players essentially send double the framerate to produce 3d (48fps @ 1080p)
    Last edited by t19922006; 29th Sep 2022 at 01:24.
    Quote Quote