VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The video it plays came with it...

It is mjpeg avi format.

I cant get my videos to play on it, I have tried several converting software.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The file it play is attached.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try AviDemux. Filter your videos to have properties similar to that sample. ~320x240, 23.976 fps, mjpeg, ADPCM audio. Once you have something working your can try larger frames sizes, better codecs, etc.

Here's an MJPEG AVI file I encoded with AviDemux. See if it your player plays it...
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 25th Dec 2019 at 22:17.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Reviews state it plays .amv and .avi video files. AMV is a proprietary codec that doesn't seem to be supported by AviDemux. https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1MSIM_enUS785US785&ei=IjAEXv-qBrTq9AOah5jQBQ&q=.am...4dUDCAs&uact=5
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the avidemux.avi file still didn't work on it, it says "format all the same"

Any other ideas? Thanks again for trying.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I meant to write: it says "format error" all the same.

I downloaded avidemux but also don't see any option for mjpeg video.

just fyi if you didn't know the originial video provided that works also has the following:
    Framerate: 21.68 fps
    Bitrate: 1486 kbps

Thanks again for any help I appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by sethhuner View Post
    I meant to write: it says "format error" all the same.
    There may have been some kind of error in the AVI file I uploaded. It plays ok in several player I tried but some editors were unable to open.

Originally Posted by sethhuner View Post
    I downloaded avidemux but also don't see any option for mjpeg video.
    It's on the Video Output pulldown:

[Attachment 51208 - Click to enlarge]

Originally Posted by sethhuner View Post
    just fyi if you didn't know the originial video provided that works also has the following:
    Framerate: 21.68 fps
    Bitrate: 1486 kbps
    23.976 or 29.97 are much more common. That's why I used 23.976. Bitrate usually doesn't matter as long as it's not too high.

Try this AVI file created in the old AVI format...
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 26th Dec 2019 at 08:35.
    Quote Quote  
  8. But given that's an "mp4 player", why are you using AVI?

<edit>
    I see, it's an MP3 player, not an MP4 player.
    </edit>
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, .mp4 audio only. The link I gave above has some online converters for .amv. MPxConverter listed under software here is no longer available.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried the oldformat.avi but it also says 'format error'

Is there any other option to make it mjpeg?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh i see that mjpeg format let me try making it with that
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i made it into mjpeg and .avi on the bottom and it became a way larger file 512 mb?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I mean I used
    AVI muxer"
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And that still didn't work, still get "format error." This player the mymahdi m310 must have very peculiar or particular setttings....do you have any other tips?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Go to the Avi Muxer's configuration dialog. Try both AVI and OPENDML. AVI is the original AVI spec (file size limited to 4 GB), ODML is the extended spec.

How big your file gets depends on the quality chosen in the MJPEG codec.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't see ODML or Open DML as an option anywhere. Could you show a screenshot?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Select the AVI Muxer, click on the Configure button. Use the Muxing Format pulldown:

[Attachment 51216 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok then I can do that but how do I change the video size to 320X240?

Thanks for all the help.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    None of these options are working to make the video play on the mymahdi m310 unfortunately...any other avenues possible to make it work? I am still waiting to hear back from the manufacturer....maybe there is a chance they'll solve the issue for me. Thanks for all your help.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try one of the online .amv converters in my link above.

Unless the size is a major factor, consider getting a cheap Android phone that will do a much better job playing videos as well as .mp3. Several years ago I considered getting a .mp3 player, but realized I could get a cheap Android phone for about the same price. I got a cheap phone like this one <$20 https://www.amazon.com/Tracfone-Blade-Lite-Prepaid-Phone/dp/B07NXB6CC6/ref=sr_1_2?keyw...7430551&sr=8-2 and used it as a .mp3 player. Way bigger screen and better interface.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again for all your help, i hope the manufacturer will get back to me soon.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by sethhuner View Post
    The video it plays came with it...

It is mjpeg avi format.

I cant get my videos to play on it, I have tried several converting software.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    You can create that kind of AVI (MJPEG video codec + IMA WAV ADPCM audio codec) with Video Converter from Actions Semiconductors company, it's free and available to download in some portable mp3 player manufacturers websites like Ruizu. http://www.ruizutek.com/Videoconvert.html

Those portable mp4 / mp3 players use SoC by Actions Semiconductors.

They have 2 similars formats:
    AMV Actions Media Video (MJPEG video codec + IMA ADPCM audio codec) AMV is used in small 1.8 inch portable players, common resolution 160 x 128 pixels like Ruizu X02
    and AVI (MJPEG video codec + another IMA WAV ADPCM audio codec), AVI is used in 2.4 inch actions based portable players, common resolution 320 x 240 pixels. like Ruizu M7
    Their free software can do conversions to both formats.

AMV conversion can be done fine with FFmpeg last versions, but AVI MJPEG needs Actions software AFAIK.

I have a similar problem now with another brand of portable mp3 player, it's AVI too the format, but different codecs than Actions.

The manual says I need the conversor called: PwConverterSetup(1.0.6).exe
    But not luck to find that file.

Searching I found that another players use the PwConverterSetup(1.0.2).exe in MUSICROSS brand of portable mp3 player. But I didnt find the file neither. This is: https://www.amazon.com/MUSICROSS-Bluetooth-Portable-Walkman-Recorder/dp/B09Z3VH6G2

Does someone know something about it?

I think there is one difference more with Actions, the video must be rotated 90º, i.e: 240 x 320 pixels instead 320 x 240, 128 x 160 pixels instead 160 x 128 pixels. And it's AVI format in both sizes.

My player is a nice portable mp3 player of 2.4 inch, bluetooth, radio... just $17 shipment included in aliexpress. All is fine but the video converter that I can't find it.

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005048280448.html

I didnt find a sample AVI of that format neither.

Some info about the SoC manufacturer, it's not Actions Semiconductors (the creator of AMV format, Actions Media Video), it seems it's a Chinese company called Smartlink Technology
    USB info: ID 301a:2801 SmartlinkTechnology USB2.0 Device (when the portable mp3 player is plugged to PC usb port).
    Last edited by fdd; 24th Mar 2023 at 01:02.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi,
    I recently bought a Rijaho .mp3 player off Aliexpress. The micro SD card it came with had the 65MB PwConverterSetup(1.0.2).exe file on it.
    Check the SD card your player came with for the setup file.
    If not, let me know if you still need it.
    Last edited by abeelandig; 15th May 2023 at 16:17.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by abeelandig View Post
    Hi,
    I recently bought a Rijaho .mp3 player off Aliexpress. The micro SD card it came with had the 65MB PwConverterSetup(1.0.2).exe file on it.
    Check the SD card your player came with for the setup file.
    If not, let me know if you still need it.
    Thanks @abeelandig
    My player doesnt have microSD, but the seller sent me the PwConverterSetup finally.
    I discover the video format through ffprobe.

And if you want to convert videos using FFmpeg instead PwConverterSetup, here is the syntax to use FFmpeg in 2.4 inch players:

ffmpeg -i source.mp4 -vf "scale=-2:240, crop=320:240, transpose=2, vflip" -r 6 -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 2 -ar 22050 -pix_fmt yuv420p -c:v mjpeg -q:v 10 dest.avi

You can make tests changing -r (rate, fps) and -q:v 10 (quality of JPEG of the MJPEG video from values, 2 to 31, where smaller numbers means higher quality), but keep in mind that players hang up if the quality or fps is high.

If you have a 1.8 inch player then the syntax is:

ffmpeg -i source.mp4 -vf "scale=-2:128, crop=160:128, transpose=2, vflip" -r 16 -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 2 -ar 22050 -pix_fmt yuv420p -c:v mjpeg -q:v 2 dest.avi

Players of 1.8 inch support "high" fps and quality without hang up.

I published here https://github.com/fdd4s/portable_mp3_player_video_converter_tools
    Quote Quote