VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Quick question. I know that DGIndexNv is tailored for M2TS, but it also supports VOB. And for those cases in particular would you consider it better to stick to DGIndex or would DGIndexNv do the trick? I can't seem to find any information regarding IDCT algorithms when using DGSource or any post process options like deblocking/deringing that are available in Mpeg2Source.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ZetaStax View Post
    Quick question. I know that DGIndexNv is tailored for M2TS, but it also supports VOB. And for those cases in particular would you consider it better to stick to DGIndex or would DGIndexNv do the trick? I can't seem to find any information regarding IDCT algorithms when using DGSource or any post process options like deblocking/deringing that are available in Mpeg2Source.
    Red highlight>>>don't think so
    Blue highlight>>>what cases are you talking about
    You can always ask at
    http://rationalqm.us/board/index.php
    Quote Quote  
  3. Really? I was fairly convinced that DGIndexNv was specifically engineered to allow for indexing AVC/VC1, and that the MPG support was mostly available because it was based on DGIndex. (And if it is a fork, the original DGIndex may have evolved further on MPG processing)

I am talking here specifically about indexing VOB/MPG sources. If the above statement is true I could see how DGIndex would fare better that DGIndexNv for those.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ZetaStax View Post
    Really? I was fairly convinced that DGIndexNv was specifically engineered to allow for indexing AVC/VC1
    In your original post you named M2TS which is a container format. AVC/VC1 are video compression formats - apples and oranges. By the way, DGDecNV also decodes HEVC and MPEG2.

Originally Posted by ZetaStax View Post
    I am talking here specifically about indexing VOB/MPG sources.
    For those you only need DGIndex/DGDecode. I would however recommend DGDecNV for this as well if you have a compatible NVidia card/chip.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Zeppo View Post
    For those you only need DGIndex/DGDecode. I would however recommend DGDecNV for this as well if you have a compatible NVidia card/chip.
    Fine by me, but what about IDCT? I cannot found any info on what algorithm is used in DGSource. I would like to make sure that I can use IEEE-1180.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ZetaStax View Post
    Originally Posted by Zeppo View Post
    Fine by me, but what about IDCT? I cannot found any info on what algorithm is used in DGSource. I would like to make sure that I can use IEEE-1180.
    You'll have to ask Donald Graft on his forum.

If you want to stick with DGIndex/DGDecode, I made a build using the Intel compiler which increases decoding speed quite significantly:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=173259
    (DGMPEGDec 1.5.8)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Interesting thank you, however I am using AviSynth+ x64 (with JoshyD's build of DGMPEGDec)
    Quote Quote  
  8. DGDecNV uses CUVID/NVDEC for decoding so I suppose you need to ask nVidia what IDCT it uses. Probably something bog-standard I would guess. Bullwinkle says: "Does it really matter?"
    Quote Quote  
  9. I tried doing this based on something I read

A=Mpeg2Source("01.d2v", idct=5, cpu2="oooooo")
    B=DGDecode("01.dgi")
    subtract(A,B)
    There was no differences, so with this I believe the IDCT used is the IEEE-180 which is perfect.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Great to know, thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Zeppo View Post
    If you want to stick with DGIndex/DGDecode, I made a build using the Intel compiler which increases decoding speed quite significantly:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=173259
    (DGMPEGDec 1.5.8)
    Sounds great! Just out of curiosity what is the percentage gain with your build? I'm guessing about 5%.
    Last edited by veresov; 27th Sep 2019 at 00:38.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by veresov View Post
    Just out of curiosity what is the percentage gain with your build? I'm guessing about 5%.
    It's about 20-25% using a PAL DVD MPEG2 clip.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    Originally Posted by Zeppo View Post
    Originally Posted by veresov View Post
    And that makes me a psychopath!?
    I admit, a poorly chosen diagnosis at the time. There's a new word now which fits the bill perfectly - Trumptard.
    Funny how Brits (UK) like to slag politicians and others from other countries
    Well Groucho2004 your great democracy is led by a bunch of inbreds of German descent (factual), by the way Charles looks like he has a turnip under his nose on a regular basis.
    And Brexit, just leave with no deal is the preferred option at the moment, shows the English for what they are. Freeloaders

So if someone is a supporter of the republican party they are
    a moronic pathological liar so stupid he not only believes his own lies but thinks everyone else will too
    or
    any member of the Republican political party in the U.S.
    Typical UK arrogance, if someone doesn't agree with your opinions they are inferior
    By the way, the real Groucho, Zeppo and the other three Marx brothers were American
    Don't know if they were democrats or republicans, maybe they were Trumptards, and you do call yourself by their names
    How is any of this rambling related to the orange monkey and his supporters? Why bring the Brits into this? What are you smoking?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Zeppo View Post
    Originally Posted by veresov View Post
    Just out of curiosity what is the percentage gain with your build? I'm guessing about 5%.
    It's about 20-25% using a PAL DVD MPEG2 clip.
    That's very impressive!

Meanwhile, wondering if there may be some bitterness. Let it go. Though DG forum can't be such a useless forum, else there would be no reason to be exercised about it, to the extent of making the kind of posts we have seen here.

Partaking of the peace pipe, we could have a world where everybody stays away from politics and respects people and your account comes back as a Distinguished Member in recognition of your excellent work for the community (AVSMeter, Avisynth Universal Installer, etc.) and your valuable forum postings. Let's erase the past and embrace each other. We have goodness inside us and we are all children of the divine spirit.

For the benefit of culture lovers everywhere, here is the DG forum:

http://rationalqm.us/board/index.php

Check out the CUDA subforum. Lots of exciting things going on!

And here is an entry point of yours that we all are grateful for:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174797
    Last edited by veresov; 27th Sep 2019 at 00:48.
    Quote Quote