VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    *****not sure if this thread should be in Computer********

Hello,

I recently upgraded my PC to Win 10 Pro 64, re-installed AVISynth (32bit) and VirtualDub (1.10.4 build 35491). I’ve had a few issues with my Osprey 827e video card. First, I couldn't capture digital audio, only analog. I’ve been in contact with Osprey’s friendly tech support and they gave me a link to an older driver which worked for digital audio, but now about 50% of the time when I attempt to capture .AVI via VirtualDub my PC crashes with the Windows blue screen Stopcode message (fault “Osprey HDCap_64.sys”).

The trick that seemed to work 50% of the time was setting VirtualDub to Compatibility mode of Windows 8. The 827e card is Win 10 compatible. I’ve done all the recommendations from Osprey (disable C-States and Boot Secure in BIOS, setting performance to max, power save modes to Never etc).

I’m not sure if this version of VirtualDub is 64 bit? Would that matter since my version of Win is 64? Tech support has been very patient, but I’m wondering if they soon will say it’s my PC and nothing else they can do. At this point I can’t remember if my PC crashed with the latest driver version.

Please help. Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do a memory test to make sure your ram is stable,i always do that when win 10 starts acting funny.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and says "detected no errors".

I forgot to mention I sometimes get the Windows Stopcode blue screen when I shut the PC down as well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you have some driver issues.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes it's the driver that's causing the PC to crash. If I disable it, I don't get the Stopcode but obviously I can't use the video card. Osprey has given me both 32 & 64 bit drivers for the current one on the web site, and an older driver. They say no one else has had any driver issues with Win 10. Is there anything else I can check besides RAM?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do a windows sfc /scannow,copy that into a Command Prompt with admin rights.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok did the scannow; "Window did not find any violations".

I just remembered that when I did Windows Memory Diagnostic test, I had the driver disabled, does that matter?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no. a memory test only accesses the ram.

maybe try VirtualDub2

--
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by clashradio View Post
    Yes it's the driver that's causing the PC to crash. If I disable it, I don't get the Stopcode but obviously I can't use the video card. Osprey has given me both 32 & 64 bit drivers for the current one on the web site, and an older driver. They say no one else has had any driver issues with Win 10. Is there anything else I can check besides RAM?

try reading the PDF troubleshooting guide - https://www.ospreyvideo.com/images/osprey/PCIe_Capture/Osprey_800_series_PCIe_5.1.8.174_Readme.pdf
    Last edited by october262; 12th Feb 2020 at 17:59.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Could be your system just doesn't like osprey,not much you can do about it unless you get drivers that work.
    Quote Quote