VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello

I would like to make video compilations of Game of Thrones and upload them on youtube.
    Should I download the serie online ? Where can I find this ?

Or maybe I should buy the blurays and rip them myself ? I would have to buy an external bluray player, does the quality of the bluray player affect the quality of the rip ?

Is it worth it to do it myself or can I find very high quality rips online ?

Please help

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ideas don't come much more stupid than that one. What makes you think your GoT compilations won't get slapped immediately with copyright claims?

What you use as a source won't much matter after YouTube degrades them by reencoding them.

Where can I find this ?
    No one will help you with copyright infringement.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    FROMNOW, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Ideas don't come much more stupid than that one. What makes you think your GoT compilations won't get slapped immediately with copyright claims?

What you use as a source won't much matter after YouTube degrades them by reencoding them.

Where can I find this ?
    No one will help you with copyright infringement.
    They won't. You can put short fragments of movies on youtube and they will not be removed.

Isn't this part of the forum about bluray ripping ??! I'm asking if it is worth to rip the blurays myself or if it's just easier to download a rip from someone else as long as the quality is not too different.
    Quote Quote  
  5. And you asked where to get this copyrighted material.

You can put short fragments of movies on youtube and they will not be removed.
    Wanna bet? There is no minimum length for copyright infringement. Compilation videos get copyright claimed all the time. Now, you might be able to fight copyright claims on Fair Use grounds. That's if your country recognizes Fair Use as a defense. And I don't think you want to monetize these compilations?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    And you asked where to get this copyrighted material.

You can put short fragments of movies on youtube and they will not be removed.
    Wanna bet? There is no minimum length for copyright infringement. Compilation videos get copyright claimed all the time. Now, you might be able to fight copyright claims on Fair Use grounds. That's if your country recognizes Fair Use as a defense. And I don't think you want to monetize these compilations?
    Yes I also asked where to get this among other questions. You can also answer my other questions.
    No they don't there are many many many movie fragments on youtube ! Type any "movie title" + scene and you'll get some and I'm not talking about the channel "Movieclips" they did sort out the copyright issues, they have permission I'm talking about all the others.

Anyway can someone who wants to help me answer ? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FROMNOW View Post
    Yes I also asked where to get this among other questions. You can also answer my other questions.
    No they don't there are many many many movie fragments on youtube ! Type any "movie title" + scene and you'll get some and I'm not talking about the channel "Movieclips" they did sort out the copyright issues, they have permission I'm talking about all the others.

Are you sure that YT has become less sucky regarding movie copyrights
    Two years ago I tried to share a couple of minutes from "Serenity" and was told that the clip had been blocked worldwide
    Hëll, even Facebook has gone the same route.

If you have to ask, then you cannot know......

Or maybe I should buy the blurays and rip them myself ?
    If you REALLY like that stuff, go ahead and buy it. Otherwise, I do not see the point......

I would have to buy an external bluray player, does the quality of the bluray player affect the quality of the rip ?
    You just need a Blu-Ray drive attached to your personal computer if the goal is to do some Blu-Ray ripping.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 1st May 2019 at 17:26. Reason: disambiguation
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    even tiny snippets of copyright works can be deemed infringing if they are important parts of the covered work. songs you usually can get away with less then 20 seconds but not important parts of movies. https://www.copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I posted 11 or 12 videos with songs from the sixties, mostly TV show appearances.
    Those videos were kept up, and the copyright holder monetizes them.
    Doesn't bother me, seems like a good compromise.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @davexnet, that's rare. wish it weren't. if your stuff is good, it's free (to them) advertising.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. This does not even remotely approach the conditions of "fair use".
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    @davexnet, that's rare. wish it weren't. if your stuff is good, it's free (to them) advertising.

Scott
    Yes, I found 5 or 6 clips that had never been there before. One video by the Irish pop threesome
    "The Bachelors" has almost 1/4million views.
    On the other hand, how many people using an ad blocker these days? I haven't seen an ad on youtube on my PC
    for the longest time...
    Now, my Smart TV, that's a different story.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post

Two years ago I tried to share a couple of minutes from "Serenity" and was told that the clip had been blocked worldwide

If you REALLY like that stuff, go ahead and buy it. Otherwise, I do not see the point......

I would have to buy an external bluray player, does the quality of the bluray player affect the quality of the rip ?
    You just need a Blu-Ray drive attached to your personal computer if the goal is to do some Blu-Ray ripping.
    The point of buying the bluray would be to have higher quality compilations..
    But I do not know if one can find high quality bluray rips online.

I do not know where to find these. I do not understand your answer.

There are many movie fragments/scenes on youtube just have a look yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Those videos were kept up, and the copyright holder monetizes them.
    It may not happen, but the copyright holder(s) has the right to change the policy in the future to block or send takedown notices. It's happened to me where I had a copyrighted video up and making money for the media company copyright holder that six months later changed its mind and decided to send a copyright strike. By uploading copyrighted material you're at their mercy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post

The point of buying the bluray would be to have higher quality compilations..
    But I do not know if one can find high quality bluray rips online.

I do not know where to find these. I do not understand your answer.

There are many movie fragments/scenes on youtube just have a look yourself.
    The *point* of buying the Blurays is so YOU have a legitimate response to an assertion that you stole them or got them from somebody else who stole them. Aka the essence of Fair Use (legit re-use options) would be worthless if you never legitimately acquired them in the first place.

Also, you likely won't find them online for download unless they're stolen (non-legit sources), or shared by those who have no right to share, or they're encrypted (drm). Same w streaming.

Scott
    Quote Quote