VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there

I've been playing around/downloading movie files for a long time and been doing a lot with mkvtoolnix, handbrake and also subtitle edit.
    I use the programs to manage or remove subtitle tracks which I don't need in the files or just rename them so that they all appear in the same way in my players, especially Plex.
    Always learned a thing or two while doing so and not had any big problems up until now...

I downloaded multiple MKV video files (a series) that (mostly) came with a total of 6 subtitle tracks per file.
    Two of the tracks are UTF-8/SRT, which are forced in German and English. Those two tracks I can see in all the programs I mentioned above and do whatever I've been doing all along.
    Now the other 4 tracks are also German and English, each forced and full. But I can only see them in the players (MPC, VLC...) and use them there but I can't see or manage them anywhere in the editing programs...

By the looks of the subtitle style I'm guessing they must be PGS, VobSub or something but I'm used to those tracks beeing shown in mkvtoolnix and all the other programs.

So what kind of tracks could they be and how would I be able to manage them otherwise??
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Post a mediainfo report of such a file here (in text format)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh my god, I could smack myself in the face...

Saw in mediainfo that it only has two embedded subs and then it hit me:
    Just noticed that it has external Subs in a subs folder and I, for the love of god, somehow did not see that.

Well, thanks anyway
    Don't believe the Hype!
    Quote Quote