VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Samsung DV camcorder connected via firewire (IEEE 1394) to my PC. I can capture from it using Adobe Premiere, and the result is successful in every way (audio and video). I want to use the camera with UStream to broadcast live video. When I set up a broadcast, it allows me to select the the camcorder as the video source, but the only audio source available is the mic/line in on my PC's sound card. Is there a way to utilize the camcorder's mic for audio? The problem is similar in video chat programs like Skype...the video source works great, but there is no option for using the camcorder as the audio source. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is there not an audio option along the lines of "Default"? Windows Media Encoder has a separate audio and video source setting but you just select the DV camcorder for video and it automatically uses its audio, too. It would be quite odd to only support the video. But then again...
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, no default setting. Just the Line/Mic setting. Additionally, when I go to Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices->Audio tab, under "Sound Recording", there is only one option, again for Line/Mic. I would think that there would be a selection for "DV Camcorder" or something similar, but there isn't. So, it seems that capture applications like Adobe Premiere and Windows Movie Maker can capture the sound from a firewire device, but for some reason chat and streaming applications can't???.

I guess I'll have to get a good microphone and pull the sound through my soundcard. Anyone have a good recommendation for a mic with a 1/8 jack that I can use with my laptop to stream a live outdoor concert?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have the exact same problem - does anybody know a way to use the DV cameras microphone with skype or u-stream? Thanks!
    Quote Quote