VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a karaoke machine that plays avi files, it has come with a small program "createmp3&mp4sglist" to add the files to the hard drive which makes a small dat file which I believe is like a playlist but there is no way of adding more than one file at a time , anyone know a way I can do this faster .
    The program runs on xp but I think the karaoke machine is Linux
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know, but ill bet not very many people have karaoke machines in this board, so you'll have to be a little more specific

What is the make and model of the karaoke machine?
    From your post, I gather that the machine connects to your xp machine in some manner. Am I correct in this assumption? If so, how? usb, ethernet, serial, or does it make a CD/DVD?
    What makes you think the machine runs on linux?
    ... and any other information you might be able to volunteer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I know disturbed1 does some karaoke because of previous conversation in another thread. You might pm him and ask him to look in this thread and possibly help. He is also a linux user as well.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply ..... well the karaoke machine is a kod-100 which I have no real info on but I believe it runs on linux, I load the avi files using my xp computer on to the machines hard drive using a program called CDG&MP4SGLIST that came with the karaoke machine . It takes the file numbers and renames it and copies it to the HD and when you completed you then press create list and a sglist.dat file is created on the disk and this I think allows the files to be selected fast by the selecting the number of the track . So I have to input all files one by one which will take years ! If you would like me to send you a copy of the progarm to look at let me know.......Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do a bit of karaoke, but it's just the normal CD+G stuff.

What you have isn't actually a normal karaoke player, since it does not support CD+G files If it did support CD+G (look for the logo) check out cdgtools , google it + linux. For any CD+G discs to work, you have to have a burner that does RAW DAO writing. Not all models do this, not even the newest of new will. Cdrdao will let you know the write modes.
    Try to run the program through Wine, or Virtual Box.

Attempt to open the .dat file with a text editor or an hex editor to figure out the format.
    Linux _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by disturbed1
    I do a bit of karaoke, but it's just the normal CD+G stuff.

What you have isn't actually a normal karaoke player, since it does not support CD+G files If it did support CD+G (look for the logo) check out cdgtools , google it + linux. For any CD+G discs to work, you have to have a burner that does RAW DAO writing. Not all models do this, not even the newest of new will. Cdrdao will let you know the write modes.
    Try to run the program through Wine, or Virtual Box.

Attempt to open the .dat file with a text editor or an hex editor to figure out the format.
    Please email me the CDG&MP4SGLIST program to x1745@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Would anyone has this utility CreateMp3&MP4SGLIST program for KOD-100 Karaoke system
    My CD came with the box but has virus in it
    Please email me if you have it or send me a link

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just bought the same system from Singapore - the system gives a lot of trouble - on the home theater system it drives too much of an echo of the mike.

Now we have a problem - none of the AUDIO tracks seems to play behind the karaoke video. The mike works fine, but the system just does not pick up and play the audio file - we are using the original SD card that comes with the song list etc.

THe system freezes every time you touch a button. Sometimes it will not recover and has to be restarted.

THe Company that mufactures these units do not have ay web help, based in CHINA ...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I need help:
    I have KOD 100 karaoke, it work fine until I format the SD card that come with the machine. I put new CDG and kar song, JPG picture, avi video.
    In the main menu I pressed 1 for Photo, display "LOADING..." then "No file in this mode", it is the same problem for selection #2 Music, # 3 Video and # 6 Karaoke. While I checked there are photo file (JPG), music file (mp3), and video file (avi and VOB), and karaoke files (CDG and kar) in the SD flash memory. Selection #4 "FILE" working fine, can see the files inside SD memory and can play the mp3 audio only. Selection #5 "SETUP" working, try to reset to "Factory default setting", but the problem still tha same as above.
    I thought probably the SD memory has problem, so I bought another SD memory, format with FAT 32 and put some jpg, mp3, cdg, kar, avi and vob files, but it also has the same problem as above.
    I think, probably there is file in the original SD memory that is needed by the system for running the software properly.
    If anybody has KOD 100 karaoke system please any important file in the SD memory that comes with the system that may be needed by the system (not the video or music files). My email: Sur618@yahoo.com
    Or is the any other possibility - Idea why my system does not work properly?
    Thanks,
    Sur.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I know this thread is old, I am hoping someone is still out there with the knowledge. I bought a Dreamsound EX-3 by Midsun Electronics Company, it's a karaoke machine. It sounds like the same type of setup as what is discussed here. My songs came on an SD card with 4 .dat files which is where I assume all the songs are. I am looking for a way to add some songs to these .dat files so everything will work in the machine, show in the menu, and be searchable. The utility CreateMp3&MP4SGLIST program sounds like it might help, does anyone still have this? or know of any other software or where to look? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote