VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Some years ago I used to use just DVD Maker from Microsoft, and it used to do the job.
    But apparently Microsoft did not make one working for Win10.

I was using DVD Flick in Win10, and DVD Styler in Ubuntu 16.04.
    DVD Flick seems to succeed all the way. But the resulting DVD disc won't play in my Samsung HD960 DVD Player.
    DVD Styler gets stuck here:
    [Attachment 43370 - Click to enlarge]

I am not trying to make a fancy DVD, just one that plays 4 videos in a home DVD player.

Thanks guys
    Quote Quote  
  2. In DVDStyler it seems the generation of the DVD (file structure) was succesfull but the preview failed. The file structure is created in the dvd-out subfolder of your Temp directory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TempDir.png
Views:	212
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	43372

Try to untick the Preview and use Just generate (or Create iso image) and see if it plays in a software player. If it does burn it with whatever burner program you normally use.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your log file indicates files are coming from dvdrom and are not decrypted which is the cause of error

Yes, Windows dvd maker can work on windows 10 just there is no support for the application
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No DVD authoring software that I'm aware of can author a playable DVD using an encrypted video as a source.

That being said, I use AVStoDVD for authoring DVDs with a simple menu or no menu. I use GUI for dvdauthor to create more complex menus, but DVDStyler is probably easier to learn. I have not tried any of them with Windows 10.

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 is a good choice for those willing to pay for software.

I never liked Windows DVD Maker. It produces flashy menus but provides limited options.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. videobruger, yeah, I guess I'll try that: creating the ISO file and burning from it.

Bjs, I wish it was that simple about MS DVD Maker working for Win10. According to the MS website:

Windows DVD Maker isn't supported on Windows 10. To create DVD-Video or Blu-ray discs compatible with home-theater components,*try using an app. Select the Start button and then*choose*Store *under the Start menu. In the Store, search for*an app with the features you're looking for.

So they themselves are pointing people away from their own products.
    I do happen to have the installer for Windows Essentials 2012, which installs Win DVD Maker too. But it fails as you can see in the screenshot. So, it doesn't look like it can even be installed. Unless the problem is the Win Ess 2012 installer file. I had tried to find another installer, maybe just for MS DVD Maker, but no luck.

I had just tried WinX DVD Author, but it won't even attempt to recognize my DVD burner

[Attachment 43385 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by drpeppercan View Post
    I was using DVD Flick in Win10, and DVD Styler in Ubuntu 16.04.
    I have had very good success on Linux with Bombono (may also be available for Windows). It's simple and powerful. There's one thing you need to know to use it: to edit a menu, you have to select the menu and then click on the green check mark. It accepts a reasonable variety of video formats and usually takes care of the necessary transcoding. It give you error messages if necessary, and creates intermediate files that you can (but don't have to) edit with a text editor.
    Quote Quote  
  7. VanillaMozilla,

I am happy to say that thanks to your recommendation for Bombono I am authoring and burning DVDs again!

How can I increase the video's volume? The videos in the DVD show someone singing. Originally these videos where shot with just a cheap cellphone. When I play the resulted DVD in my TV I have to increase the volume quite a bit to get to hear it.
    Could you share some tips on how to increase the sound's volume before I burn the DVD?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote