VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,

I need some help. I recorded a live dance event with my Panasonic hmc-150. We lost our audio feed for w few songs and the schools have given me the audio files so that I may overdub onto the track. The problem is that within 5 seconds it doesn't stay in sync once lined up. Now there are different rates involved and I am sure there is a simple way to fix this but I can't figure it out. Here are the specs...

PC
    Premiere 5.5

avchd footage - 720/60p
    48000 hz compressed stereo

new audio that was given to me
    44100 16 bit

I just want to match it up and for the life of me I can't get it to happen. please help me.

Marc
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is the computer you are using, where premiere is installed, the one whose details appear here? If so, it will just about die if you try playing AVCHD on it, let alone edit. Maybe not, because Premiere Pro CS5.5 is only 64bit, so please post complete details of your actual hardware first before we move on to the next step.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  3. What are the sources of the audio files and how was it played back during the original recording? You probably have to stretch your new audio to match the video. Sample rate probably has nothing to do with it. Extensive details, please.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Before you start to sync, you should already have matching sample rates. Since you are talking about VIDEO here, you need to resample your 44.1kHz to 48kHz separately, before importing them into the project.

You might STILL need to do a TimeCompress/Expand of the (replacement) music tracks. You DO NOT want to mess with the timebase of the video or original (video's) audio!
    There is NO "simple way". Slog through it section-by-section.

I just did a multi-cam dance shoot earlier this summer (where the audio dropped out also), so I have been in a similar situation as you and can feel your pain.
    It CAN work, however.
    Make sure you DO have the appropriate cuts/versions. Also, using a DI codec would probably make your editing job easier in the long run, even if you do have to transcode at the start.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!