VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I ripped a DVD into my hard drive and now I would like to make a DVD, I've got vob, ifo and bup files, what software should I use and how do I do it? Any tutorials on it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by webdude3
    I ripped a DVD into my hard drive and now I would like to make a DVD, I've got vob, ifo and bup files, what software should I use and how do I do it? Any tutorials on it?
    The guides are to the left<<<<<<<
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What size are the files? If more than 4.37GB, they won't fit on a regular DVD-5. DVD Shrink can reduce them. Or use a Dual Layer DVD disc. And use ImgBurn to burn to DVD. All freeware.

If you want to know what those VOB, IFO, and BUP files are, and find out more about the DVD format, specification and structure, look to 'WHAT IS' DVD to the upper left on this page.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    What size are the files? If more than 4.37GB, they won't fit on a regular DVD-5. DVD Shrink can reduce them. Or use a Dual Layer DVD disc. And use ImgBurn to burn to DVD. All freeware.

If you want to know what those VOB, IFO, and BUP files are, and find out more about the DVD format, specification and structure, look to 'WHAT IS' DVD to the upper left on this page.

And welcome to our forums.
    I've got DVD-5 but the files are not even 4GB. It looks like a very good tool but I'm getting an I/O Error about half way of the burn. I don't know what is causing that, I tried with two DVD-R already so I doubt it's the disk.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ImgBurn creates a log file. You can post that here or look to it for the cause of the problem. But my guess is that there is a problem with the file itself. If that was a newer commercial DVD you ripped, they have some advanced protection and a program like DVDFab HD Decrypter may be needed. If it's a non-commercial DVD then there may be other problems.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got it working now, after some googling I found out that the firmware for DVDRW needed to be upgraded and that solved the problem.
    Quote Quote