VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    If you have ULEAD VIDEO STUDIO 6 DVD SE
    You can RENDER to a DVD and it will create a DVD similar to DVD movie studio however, it has to re-render. Not good. Not if you want to take pre-authored MPEG2 (TMPG?) and just add menu and burn.

So you get DVD movie factory trial but it wants to be a seperate purchase even though under the covers, VID STUDIO 6 has it...

So what do you do. Uninstall both.

Install trial first with any patches, etc.

Now install your VID studio 6 with product key.

Now try video studio 6, go to finish and open an MPEG. When you click the only option, EXPORT, you see it added the DVD movie plugin. And loads DVD movie factory...Hmmm..But that doesn't solve multiple clips without render sooo....

Close video studio.
    Try DVD movie factory !!! Hark..Tis no longer a trail but a part of the ULEAD package.

Conclusion. If you load Video Studio 6 first, and DVD movie after, they are seperate.

If you load DVD movie first, it gets the key from Video studio (as it should) and is no longer a trail.

This is all just a guess..I will let you know on the 22nd.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I did the same thing you went thru. I installed the DVD Movie Factory trial first-I installed about 2 weeks ago. Then my family member gave me the Videostudio 6 installation disc. When I capture and encode into DVD using VS6, it automatically go into DVD Factory for author. I'll wait and see what happen when the trial stop in 2 more weeks. Who know I may get free factory software :D
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Lets put it this way....

When it is installed in the wrong order, and you open the trial, it ASK's "TRY , ORDER, INFO" or something to that effect.

When in the right order, it just opens like ya own it....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Any update on this ? My Export button is not available.
    Quote Quote