VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello All,

Good Day!

Im looking for your help and suggestion how to get started with CC conversion from .xml to .vtt
    We are having lots of flash files where we have xml to vtt during a project migration. I tried with many online tools most dont have solution for this.

Could you please help me how to start on this. Suggest me any tools/online converters which can do this job for me.

Thanks
    Sumanth
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try Subtitle Edit yet? It isn't an online tool but it is free and appears to be able to perform the necessary conversion
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Notice Subtitle Edit has a batch conversion both in the GUI as well as a CLI.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Sumanth46 View Post
    CC conversion from .xml to .vtt
    Can you post a source/destination example?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by video.baba View Post
    Originally Posted by Sumanth46 View Post
    CC conversion from .xml to .vtt
    Can you post a source/destination example?
    --- here is the sample code format

<captions>
    <caption time_in="0.64" time_out="4.74" action=""><![CDATA[Line 1]]></caption>
    <caption time_in="4.75" time_out="8.05" action=""><![CDATA[line 2]]></caption>
    <captions>
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Notice Subtitle Edit has a batch conversion both in the GUI as well as a CLI.
    i have tried Subtitle Edit. But the generated output is not properly encoded.
    1) Time stamps are randomly generated.
    2)its even generating <caption> tag

any settings need to be updated?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sumanth46 View Post
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Notice Subtitle Edit has a batch conversion both in the GUI as well as a CLI.
    i have tried Subtitle Edit. But the generated output is not properly encoded.
    1) Time stamps are randomly generated.
    2)its even generating <caption> tag

any settings need to be updated?
    Maybe. I don't know anything about the various xml-based subtitle formats currently in use or how to distinguish between them but Subtitle Edit lists quite a few different types under the "Format" drop-down list. Some use the file extension "xml" and some don't. If you don't know what type of xml formatting is used for your subs, you should try to find out, and use the matching entry on the "Format" list, if there is one. Your choice changes how the contents of each file are interpreted.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 7th Aug 2019 at 14:27. Reason: typo
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ Sumanth46: Subtitle Edit does not know this format. Could you supply a source sample where a single subtitle has two lines?

Latest beta (portable version) should help you: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/releases/download/3.5.9/SubtitleEditBeta.zip
    Last edited by Nikse; 8th Aug 2019 at 05:24. Reason: Add link for latest SE beta
    Quote Quote