VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello.

I have lots of H.264 files with embedded closed captions that I need to get into Premiere (video + audio + existing captions).

So...we produce live sporting events for ESPN. Each live event is captioned live after it's produced, but before it gets to ESPN.

The captions are embedded within the H264 stream, which we then record.

What I'd like to do is create highlights from that long H.264 recording. That's easy, but the embedded captions are streamed once I bring the full game recording into Premiere. So there's no way for me to keep the embedded captions while creating the highlights.

After editing, I'm ok exporting from Premiere a H.264+SRT combination. That's fine.
    But first - I really need to get the embedded captions to appear in Premiere. Either directly, or first through some kind of conversation, extraction or demuxing.

Any ideas?

Nothing I've tried seems to work. I even tried bringing the file into Premiere CC 2015, but no luck either.

A sample file is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7ltdch9m9pmvy89/AACrGNa-LRdS6ei0UO8IZH78a?dl=0

If you watch it in VLC Player and QuickTime player, and activate the Subtitles track, you'll see the captions there.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Imry
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Code:
    00:00:04,203 --> 00:00:20,653
    Link Electronics Inc            
    SCE-492 Firmrmware V            
    App=C2 FPGA=C1 BL=X4            

00:00:20,655 --> 00:00:22,370
    SCE-492 Firmrmware V