VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I use Aegisub for my subtitling tasks. It has a super good and fast workflow to time-code lines based on speech.
    However, it's not updated since December 7, 2014. Is it an abandoned project or what? I think it really has room for further improvements like looping sound and slow fast playback and RTL text support...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Limited time/interest of developers. Simple as that.

There are some minor updates, though not marked as "stable". Last one from June 2018.
    http://plorkyeran.com/aegisub/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The download link on this site actually states that the June 2018 'update' is the latest version.

But the OP really should appreciate the work that any developer provides. Especially when the sw is free. And not moan about a lack of updates.

And most updates occur after feedback of issues. If you just sit on the fault you can hardly expect it to be fixed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    The download link on this site actually states that the June 2018 'update' is the latest version.

But the OP really should appreciate the work that any developer provides. Especially when the sw is free. And not moan about a lack of updates

And most updates occur after feedback of issues. If you just sit on the fault you can hardly expect it to be fixed.
    I was not complaining, I was worried that a software from 2014 will stop working if the operating system updates will make it stop working. And I really apperciate the work of developpers, they made an absolute beast of a software that makes subtitling extremely fast. Even though that I wish it could add a couple of features.
    Quote Quote