VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is really weird. Today I started having problems with auto-translating. It starts the process to translate from Swedish to English after clicking translate, but the text for English remains empty. When I click OK this simply inserts the blank fields with times. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've tried the beta version even though that had some fixes for the OCR issues. I also tried the portable versions for 3.5.6 and 3.5.7.

The only thing I know I've changed was my video card. My son upgraded his and I took his older one and updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers.

I'm sure it's something I accidentally did, but I'd love to be able to figure out what the issue. Thanks!
    Last edited by zeus182; 29th Nov 2018 at 07:04. Reason: NVIDIA drivers
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    same for me, i'm translating subtitles for a MOOC of my university from french to English using 3.5.7. It worked well yesterday 28th of november, and today only blank lines !
    I am not an expert for Google Translate API, perhaps I translated to much subtitles and Google has banned me (same IP), or perhaps Google API changed a little bit, or ...
    So don't worry to much, I think it's not your fault ...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One more precision : I tried to work using a VPN to change my IP address, same result. So the trouble comes probably from a change in Google API. However, I managed to have translations done using Subtitle Edit Online (https://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit/Online).
    Best regards,
    jf
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's me again!
    Google changed its translation page. Translation doesn't work yet in subtitle Edit, but "nikse" is working...
    The 3.5.7beta version available on the site can use microsoft translate, you have to subscribe to azure services, it's free for 2 000 000 caracters per month.
    Have a nice evening
    jf
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one that had this happen to them. I was just thinking I screwed up somewhere along the line. In the meantime, I'll guess I'll have to figure out how to set it up for Microsoft translate.

Thanks to you and nikse for helping out.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by zeus182 View Post
    This is really weird. Today I started having problems with auto-translating. It starts the process to translate from Swedish to English after clicking translate, but the text for English remains empty. When I click OK this simply inserts the blank fields with times. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've tried the beta version even though that had some fixes for the OCR issues. I also tried the portable versions for 3.5.6 and 3.5.7.

The only thing I know I've changed was my video card. My son upgraded his and I took his older one and updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers.

I'm sure it's something I accidentally did, but I'd love to be able to figure out what the issue. Thanks!
    Found any solutions?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Get latest version of SE and you'll have limited free translation - in "File -> Plugins" you can find more options.

Read more here:
    https://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit/Help#translation
    https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/issues/3209#issuecomment-453684916
    Quote Quote  
  8. Google translation API are paid now, no more free rides.
    https://cloud.google.com/translate/
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, anyone know how to convert SRT in SE to TRL file and we can open it perfectly in Transcriber?
    Quote Quote  
  10. you can use this online Subtitle Translator to edit/translate subtitles
    Quote Quote