VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Guys,

I have been trying to find the info I require but apologies if this has already been answered/

So I download a video from youtube usually the 1080p version. I then render a logo on which takes around 4/5 hours. I then add the subtitles on.

Which programme would be the best to use, which would render the quickest and keep its HD quality.

Current I am using adobe pro because of the length of time it has taken, I swtiched to Format Factory, this was much quicker however I realised quality was being compromised.

Does any one have any tips or recommendations on which programmes I could possible use to shorten the time and keep the quality?

Many thanks in advance.

Quote Quote  
  2. What output format is allowed? Some encoders/codecs are better then others. E.g. for a low bitrate target x265 is very good. Many different softwares offer x265 encoding.

Then of course we don't want to encode too often because every cycle takes time and with a lossy codec also quality. So if possible you should replace "render a logo" and "add the subtitle" by a single step. What kind of logo is that? What kind of subtitle?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The output file is a .mp4 usually. So it can be uploaded to vimeo / facebook.

Just a normal .jpeg logo.

Subtitles are .srt file.

Many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. You're adding your logo to something you stole from somewhere else? By doing that it then makes it "your" video? And you're burning in subtitles why? The other sites don't allow for external subtitles the way YouTube does?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    You're adding your logo to something you stole from somewhere else? By doing that it then makes it "your" video? And you're burning in subtitles why? The other sites don't allow for external subtitles the way YouTube does?
    +1

To add, you're reducing the already degraded Youtube quality by encoding the video to add your logo (ugh!) and subs. *SIGH*
    Quote Quote