VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I'm completely exhausted searching for any kind of tutorial or help for attaching/embedding a subtitle file (.ass format) to a 720p .mkv file.
    I'm not very familiar with the tools used in this industry.

So, kindly help me with a few basic guidelines.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. mkvtoolnix to attach soft subs.

push add, add the old mkv, push add, add the .ass sub, push start muxing, done.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply!

I have tried using the same already. it works with a .srt file, but can't understand why it is not working with a .ass sub file.

Any details that i'm missing?
    Quote Quote  
  4. what do you mean "it doesn't work?" doesn't mux, doesn't playback ? exactly what do you mean ? is there an error message ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the muxing gets completed. but during the playback in vlc, it doesn't show the subtitles.
    i right clicked in the vlc window >> video >> subtitles and loaded the subtitle file from there but still doesn't show the subs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. try mpc with directvobsub , or mpchc

either you have playback problem, or your subs might be corrupted

certain renders and splitter do not work with some subs . haali media splitter is the most consistent
    Quote Quote  
  7. Disable the harware acceleration in vlc and it will work perfectly
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    (1) download the latest Handbrake video transcoder that makes mkv files out of ISO files (https://handbrake.fr/) (2) install the Handbrake program (3) Load a ISO, Mkv, DVD file into Handbrake (4) Click on the Subtitle Tab of the Handbrake Progam (5) Click on the tab titled "Import Subtitle" (6) You can then load srt, ssa, or ass file into the file you just loaded into the Handbrake Program...Good Luck...
    Quote Quote