VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. If "Store bookmarks into .pbf files instead of Registry/INI" is selected as a preference, bookmarks are stored in the registry anyway — as BMItem keys and in a BMList at HKEY_USERS\My User Account\Software\Daum\PotplayerMini64.

I accumulate bookmarks in many videos and because of this Registry-writing, Potplayer settings become very slow to save as the list grows. A little white "Exit" box persists onscreen until the process is complete when closing Potplayer. My solution has been to trim the list using Bookmark Editor. I seem to remember that deleting bookmark entries in Bookmark Editor preserved their related .pbf files, allowing bookmarks to be recovered when their video files are played once again. Now, deleting a video's listing in Bookmark Editor also deletes its .pbf file. I can see them vanish in Windows Explorer when selecting either DELETE (for single entries) or CLEAR (for all entries). They are also deleted in the Registry — gone without a trace.

Is there no way to prevent Potplayer from destroying these .pbf files when trimming items from the Bookmarks Editor? And, when selecting "Show Bookmark List" is selected, where is that Bookmark List?

Thanks!
    Michael Linder
    Currently facing Media Crimes charges
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have the same problem its explained here, since years. If you click by mistake in the button delete or clear you are done. That is a problem for people like me that have the bookmark editor ALWAYS OPEN so i can use the bookmarks to annotate parts of the video.

To deal with this helps recently is possible to use in the bookmark editor FILTER: Only show files in current playlist.

Now, deleting a video's listing in Bookmark Editor also deletes its .pbf file. I can see them vanish in Windows Explorer when selecting either DELETE (for single entries) or CLEAR (for all entries). They are also deleted in the Registry — gone without a trace.
    Is there no way to prevent Potplayer from destroying these .pbf files when trimming items from the Bookmarks Editor? And, when selecting "Show Bookmark List" is selected, where is that Bookmark List?
    Last edited by fedemas1969; 26th Aug 2020 at 19:00.
    Quote Quote