VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I don't want create an advertising here, only to share information.
    I have found a place to buy good quality DVDRs for cheap.
    A Spindle of 50 DVDRs for $30 (+15 S&H), which is still less then $1 for DVD.
    The quality of recorded video is outstanding and they are very compatable.
    I have a Toshiba DVD player which is very picky even on professional quality DVDs
    but it plays those DVDRs perfectly.
    In case you are interested, here is the link: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=danherring&include=...sort=3&rows=50
    I bought a spindle of 50 DVDRs last time and now I'm buying a 100.

Eugene
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This guys sells +R and -R and RW dvd discs on ebay. Everyone of his auctions say the same thing :
    I recently bought a DVD Recorder for myself and I only use these DVD-R's in it. I have recorded approx. 100 Movies using these discs without any problems whatsoever. The Quality of these DVD-R's is Awesome

He only uses these in his writer for the -R, then the same thing for his +R, then the same for his RW.

The guy has sold so many that I dont see how he has time to do any burning at all, not to mention that he is a liar since he ONLY uses THESE +R discs, no wait-He only uses these -R discs....wait... UGH
    Quote Quote  
  3. Why the hell is he charging $20 to ship that kind of product?! I hope he's shipping it FedEx Overnight for that rate!

His feedback is excellent for an eBay seller with that many transactions, though...
    Quote Quote  
  4. From the looks of the picture, they are Princos. The guy is obviously overcharging for them.

Here is a couple places where you can get them cheaper:
    Rima

Supermediastore

AllMediaOutlet
    Quote Quote  
  5. Let me add another location you can get these Princo's...

Scattered all over the thousands of acres here at The Ranch. What more fun could one person have than to launch a Princo disc and blow the fothermucker into tiny pieces.

Although I wouldn't pay $20 to have them shipped, though. That'll buy lots of ammunition, y'understand.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Garbage
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi,

Yes, $20 seems to be a bit too high for a shipping charge considering he is sending it by USPS media mail.
    Thank you for the links LanEvo7. I will use those sites next time I decide to order more DVD-Rs.
    I don't understand why some of you call these disks garbage though.
    I wrote many movies on those disks and quality is very good for every single one.
    I tryied some other brand name DVD-Rs and those were real crap. They didn't play on my DVD player at all.
    If anyone know a brand name DVD-R with a better quality and competitive prices,
    let me know.

Eugene
    Quote Quote  
  8. You want cheep DVD-R CompUSA I use them all the time no problem's. Also microcenter has cheep DVD-R's go to http://www.salescircular.com/ to find out what store's have on sale where you live.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Are you kidding?
    CompUSA DVD-Rs are way too expensive.
    I get mine for less then $1/DVD.
    At CompUSA you will pay $2-3 for a DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  10. By the way, It takes me 1.5 - 2 hours to write a DVD.
    Is it considered to be normal?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Should only take 1 hour at 1x
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by spiderman2k1
    You want cheep DVD-R CompUSA I use them all the time no problem's. Also microcenter has cheep DVD-R's go to http://www.salescircular.com/ to find out what store's have on sale where you live.
    They're Princo, but I know for a fact they work!
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  13. Pc club is selling their 25pack 4x dvd-r for $19.99 and it's RITEKG04.
    Just bought a few of the spindle.
    Quote Quote  
  14. cazatom thats darn cheap, are they real G04, anyways shame i dont live in the US. I would stay away nfrom thos ebay DVDR seller inconsitency in story, and even if it sis only $30 ot point committing yoursle fto junk. For cheap and reliable good wuality media i like ritek g03, 1-2x but whe speed is not an issue 57p a disc is attractive (<90c in the Us believe)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cazatom
    Pc club is selling their 25pack 4x dvd-r for $19.99 and it's RITEKG04.
    Just bought a few of the spindle.
    HOLY SHIZNIT! Are you SURE they're Ritek G04's!? If so, I'm going to get some TODAY! Welp, time to empty out my bank account!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Pc club
    pardon my ignorance, is this a brick & mortar or are they online (too)? thanks.
    never mind, ordering online now.
    Quote Quote  
  17. The 25-pack 4x DVD-R sold at pcclub.com is generic brand.
    Not Ritek.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by luzgin
    The 25-pack 4x DVD-R sold at pcclub.com is generic brand.
    Not Ritek.
    WRONG........they're the infamous Orange topped Ritek G04's. I just picked up 100 bux worth of them TODAY. Put it this way, at least at the PC Club I went to, they're selling the orange topped Riteks. I'm going to buy another 100 bux worth of them tomorrow, as that's when I get paid.
    Quote Quote  
  19. So how much you guys normally paying for Riteks?

As for the original post, that was NOT cheap for disks, though perhaps the disks are cheap (as in quality?) I have had exellent luck with Leda/princo disks cheap and free shipping from shop4tek.com, they were 1x in my burner and 1x is 1 hour for a full disk.
    Whoever said 1.5-2hr for a burn has a problem! That's like 1/2x

As for the Riteks? I been buying printables at Rima.com, 100 G03 was like 90cents I think and 100 G04 I think was $1.25 so how much are regular disks compared to the printables I buy?

Last order from rima.com was 100 disks and 100 cases, shipping was about $11 to mid USA (MO.). Was cheaper or same total cost as the higher prices elsewhere that had free shipping.
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You want cheap? how about $0.00 ?
    Kyhpermedia DVD+R 10 pack $24.99 - 11.99IR - 5MIR - 8MIR = $0 (Item # 20393192) 11/28/03 7:00 am
    OfficeMax Kyhpermedia DVD-R 10 pack $24.99 - 11.99IR - 5MIR - 8MIR = $0 (Item # 20393209) 11/28/03 7:00 am

BLACK FRIDAY BABY
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I pulled up the office max page for these -r disks. where is the rebates your tlaking about?! are they expired already?
    or do you have to go into the store?!?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://blackfriday.everydeal.com/

You can also check a few other stores as well
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by jaxxboss
    You want cheap? how about $0.00 ?
    Kyhpermedia DVD+R 10 pack $24.99 - 11.99IR - 5MIR - 8MIR = $0 (Item # 20393192) 11/28/03 7:00 am
    OfficeMax Kyhpermedia DVD-R 10 pack $24.99 - 11.99IR - 5MIR - 8MIR = $0 (Item # 20393209) 11/28/03 7:00 am

BLACK FRIDAY BABY
    Hmm.. wake up at 5:00am to be at the store by 6:00am. to wait in line for 2+hours to find out that there is a 1 per customer limit on the rebates.. F THAT!!

Still.. free.. hmm.. I might just have to do it for the principal of the thing..
    hopefully there is like a limit of 5 per household.. and then I'll get 5+ and 5- spindles.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    A word about CompUSA DVD disc brand.

No opinion, just a fact. 1 year after burning them (and putting them away for a safe storage!!!) I happened to try some. 2 out of 4 don't play on a standalone JVC and neither Pioneer DVD burner nor LG DVD ROM can touch them now. This is what a true backup should be. Now, nothing can spoil my data.

I think I wanna buy some more .... if we're talking "entertainment".
    Couple more spindles and I will have my driveway shine to the fullest and neighbor envious...
    Yes, I'm gonna stick to this BRAND cause I like'em.
    Quote Quote