VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to experiment a bit about converting a Blu ray disk to a single layer DVD. It looks like BD Rebuilder is what I want, but I can't find a non- beta on the Tools page. I tried an older version and it also was a beta. Can someone steer me to the most recent BD Rebuilder that is not a Beta and has the most likelihood of working correctly. Apparently there is no "DVD Shrink" for Blu ray.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    There is no version of BD Rebuilder that isn't designated as Beta. The early versions had a forced expiration date, but any version newer than 0.49.07, which was released in November of 2014, does not expire. You can continue to use the newer versions as long as you wish.

Stick to the current version unless you have a specific problem with it. And if you do, file a bug report over at the Doom9 forum thread meant for those reports: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716 You should read the information on that first page anyway, to help set up the program.

To convert a Blu-ray to DVD-video, you would need to select Alternate Movie Only Output, remove the check mark from the box next to Output BD or AVCHD structure in the little window that pops up, then select either DVD-5 or DVD-9, depending on what size DVD you want. If you live in a country that uses PAL standards for DVD, you should also go to Settings-->Setup, and change to PAL output for DVD.

If you want Blu-ray structure, or AVCHD on a DVD disc, just change the Output options Target size.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jdobbs has developed BD Rebuilder for over 7 years. It is a very mature and solid program. There are no known serious bugs or issues. If a bug is discovered, jdobbs fixes it almost immediately.

Never use an older version of BD Rebuilder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Vidd View Post
    Never use an older version of BD Rebuilder.
    Why on earth would you ever say to never use an older version of this wonderful program? I've always used old versions of it and it has more than served its purpose for me and I'm sure it will for others. I love it when people make blanket statements like this with no justification for their claims other than that it's their [B]opinion!

It reminds me of those who always tout "You better update"... updates more than any other bug, virus or infestation has caused the most harm on my computers and my phones. Outside of the recent NSA exploit/hack, there is NOTHING detrimental that happened to any of my devices! And mind you, I still haven't updated all of my computers and everything is still fine.
    Quote Quote