VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, thanks very much for this program, i am on linux ubuntu jaunty 64 bits intel

and i wait the new version while the 0.17 have the problem subs, cannot start the encode from the queue mode, ( like when i try a windows version on wine) and sometime after encode it don't write Image. I am sure will many better with the new update , while at time , handbrake don't work on 64 bits intel , it install but don't start , i think are while are a version AMD 64 for handb.

Thanks for the great work ....
    Quote Quote  
  2. here the linux version

http://www.64k.it/andres/data/autox264/autox264_019.tar.gz

i must admit that i have just recompiled the windows version for linux

i promise to update the software... when i have more time

BHH
    HDConvertToX, AutoMen, AutoMKV Developer
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks very much , that's help a lot, now the subtitles work, only with incrusted sub stay a problem but i think are normal , depend of source..

With the FFmpeg at end it make a false but i have not the time to can read the error.. Are possible to have a log when are a error?

i need make more test and will told you when i see a problem but so far i can use it

Thanks for your work and will very happy when you will finish it for linux when you will have time

take care and one more time thanks to have update the program
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

After have make some test , i see the lavf demuxer crash when it will try to scan with it, when selectionate the encoder ffmpeg it crash too but i think are not important in linux while mencoder use it and work very good...

The problem stay with audio and subs, the selection are only one audio piste and not both: exemple english and french in movie, i selectionne both but are 2 times the same ... 2x english or 2x french

the sub seem to not work in linux , it see the sub but not add in encode at end.

For the moment are only what i have see with a few problem all the rest work perfect

Thanks for your great work and i hope to see soon a new version special for linux

take care

Message UPDATED:

After new test the lavf work with most movie but hwne it work not it crash the gui.

With mts2 the audio are not read and always problem with sub.. or when are 2 audio, only can be selectionned to work.

It will be nice when you can add the nero AAC encoder with megui profile for it.

sometime problem with preview with a few movie.

Thanks for all your effort and when you will do a perfect program you will become donation

Take care my best
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    Here I`m stand:
    autox264 v.18.171.1640 with x264 0.66.1114
    woks fine in xp sp3 no problem with it!!

File in use: mkv, codec video H264

#Original Resolution = 960 / 528
    #Aspect Ratio = 1.8182
    #Frame rate =25.000
    #Number of Frames = 65375
    #Lenght (in seconds) = 2616
    #Display Aspect Ratio = 1.8182
    #Aspect Error = 2.2737
    #
    #Resized resolution = 1280 / 720
    #Crop Left = 0
    #Crop Top = 0
    #Crop Right = 0
    #Crop Bottom = 0

encoder Mencoder, no filters

queue:
    "E:\Desktop\autox264\applications\mencoder.exe " -vf harddup,crop=960:528:0:0,scale=1280:720,hqdn3d=2:1 :2 -sws 2 -aspect 1.8182 -priority idle -sid 3 -of rawvideo -o autox264.h264 -nosound -ovc x264 -x264encopts bitrate=3607ass=1:threads=auto:bframes=0:me=hexubq=6:turbo=2:deblock=0,0:aq_mode=1:aq_strength=1. 0sy-rd=1.0,0.0:level=3:vbv_maxrate=10000:vbv_bufsize=1 0000:ratetol=1 "H:\utorrent downloads\Atlantis\Season 1 (HD)\S01E14 - Sanctuary (HD).MKV" -nosound
    "E:\Desktop\autox264\applications\mencoder.exe " -vf harddup,crop=960:528:0:0,scale=1280:720,hqdn3d=2:1 :2 -sws 2 -aspect 1.8182 -priority idle -sid 3 -of rawvideo -o autox264.h264 -nosound -ovc x264 -x264encopts bitrate=3607ass=2:threads=auto:bframes=0artitions=i4x4,p8x8,b8x8:me=hexubq=6:turbo=2:deblock=0,0:aq_mode=1:aq_strength=1. 0sy-rd=1.0,0.0:level=3:vbv_maxrate=10000:vbv_bufsize=1 0000:ratetol=1:qblur=0.5 "H:\utorrent downloads\Atlantis\Season 1 (HD)\S01E14 - Sanctuary (HD).MKV"
    "E:\Desktop\autox264\applications\mencoder.exe " -mc 0 -noskip -aid 0 "H:\utorrent downloads\Atlantis\Season 1 (HD)\S01E14 - Sanctuary (HD).MKV" -ovc frameno -oac faac -faacopts br=96:mpeg=4:tnsbject=2 -channels 2 -af volnorm=2 -of rawaudio -o audiox264-pid0.aac
    "E:\Desktop\autox264\applications\mkvmerge.exe" -o "H:\utorrent downloads\Atlantis\Season 1 (HD)\autox264_S01E14 - Sanctuary (HD).MKV.mkv" --default-duration 0:23.976fps --aspect-ratio -1:1.8182 autox264.h264 audiox264-pid0.aac

So, Thats I wanna do:
    I want to increase the resolution and the size.Nothing more, but the process went done, exept the file saved came with audio in front of video about 1.5 sec. The video is delayed.
    What should I do?

I don`t wanna bother u with stupid questions, perhaps the answers is here but needed the necesarry settings.
    Best regards, Lucian
    Quote Quote  
  6. you can try to "force lavf demuxer", and/or updating mencoder build
    or use a more advanced application like hdconverttox

BHH
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

first of all, congratulations on this GUI and on support for Linux user.
    I have downloaded both v 0.17 and v 0.19 to use on my Ubuntu 9.04. Both versions can encode the video but i cannot encode the audio.

This is may test file (avi) : Xvid-MP3

I can open and analyze it:

Setting audio codec:

On the next window i have this:

I tried to check - unceck audio PID but i get always no sound encoded.

This is the bat window during encoding:

And the queue:

Code:
    mencoder -vf harddup,crop=608:272:62:0,scale=384:172,hqdn3d=2:1:2  -sws 2 -aspect 2.4706 -of rawvideo -o "/home/checco/Scrivania/autox264.h264"  -nosound -ovc x264 -x264encopts crf=18:threads=auto:bframes=3:direct_pred=auto:me=hex:subq=6:turbo=2:frameref=3 "/home/checco/Scrivania/test.avi"
    MP4Box -add "/home/checco/Scrivania/autox264.h264" -fps 25.000 "/home/checco/Scrivania/test.mp4"
    Where is the mistake? Can someone help me?

Really sorry for this boring post (and for may bad english )

Best regards,
    Checco
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hey friend I can't help much because I know almost nothing about mencoder settings but the author of this software, buzzqw , checks these forums often so he will likely reply.

Also even though the official language of this forum is english , buzzqw is also from Italy so if you feel more comfortable posting your issue in your native language I know he could help you.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi (Ciao) Checco

from you image seems mplayer is unable to detect audio on your file
    you have only "NONE" as audio to select

i can suggest to upgrade your mplayer build or try the AutoMen 6 (even if i doubt it can resolv your issue)

more "hope" you can got with autoffmpeg -> https://forum.videohelp.com/topic369767.html

BHH
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi (Ciao) buzzqw,

thanks for the reply (thanks also to freebird73717 ).

With mplayer i can play that file (test.avi) without problem
    However, tomorrow i'll do some more test, with the latest build.

Regards,
    Checco
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, updated Mplayer/mencoder to latest build (i think): 2:1.0~RC3+svn20090804-0 jaunty1
    Once video is imported into Autox264, i can watch the preview without problem, with the audio.
    When i try to encode: video is encoded, but not the audio.

Only works using Handbrake as decoder/encoder:

If I can do some more test, please tell me

Thanks again.

Regards,
    Checco
    Quote Quote  
  12. could you send me a sample of ths video ?

thanks

BHH
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sure. I tried a lot of movies. One is here: http://www.dvdloc8.com/clip.php?movieid=194&clipid=1
    It's a public trailer downloaded from Digital Digest. Codec used for encoding : DIV3-MP3

AutoX264 v0.17 can analyze the video and show the preview (both video and audio), then encodes the video but not the audio.
    Autox264 v.019 crashes after the "Analyze with (Mplayer)" command.

In the bat window (v 0.17), at the 5th line : "Audio stream Found"

But no audio is encoded.

The i tried an XIVD-MP3 public trailer: http://www.dvdloc8.com/clip.php?movieid=9153&clipid=4

Autox264 v0.17 again: audio stream found but not encoded.
    Autox264 v0.19 as above: audio stream found but not encoded (this time no crash after analyze command)
    Autox264 v0.19 with HandBrake as decoder/encoder : works, audio e video are encoded (see picture below).

The strange is that if i try the preview inside Autox264, or i try to open the movie directly with mplayer there's no problem on playback. I'm going mad

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
    Checco
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have one weird problem: I was able to successfully convert several large mkvs to a smaller size, but at some point it stopped to work anymore; I mean that no output file is generated in the end and there is no error message remaining either; I have enough free space on my partitions(I suppose): 31GB on c: drive where the tool is located(I suppose that on this drive temporary files are created) and 110GB on the drive on which the file to be converted resides; the source files are large 8-13GB and the target size is 4GB since I would like to write them on DVDs single layer; anyway the conversion time takes hours, I start it usually at night, so it's out of the question to stay near the computer to observe what's happening; I suppose that something is stuck, like a temporary file that won't be deleted or a wrong setting in the GUI(but I've tried also with some preset options); I say that it could be some temporary file also, because at some point, output files where generated containing video from a previous converted file, not the intended source; afterward, no output was generated anymore; strange is also that I tried converting a smaller file 70GB to 30GB so I could stay near the computer and check and this conversion was successful.
    I'm not sure if it's relevant, the 1st problem appeared after using queue mode unsuccessful.
    I'm under windows XP running autox264 v.0.18.178.1757(the update was copied over v0.18.171.1640, but this was done from te very beginning, when it worked )
    Please let me know any suggestions.
    Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  15. AutoX264 wasn't update to keep in sync with new x264 options
    and these options are now in mencoder builds...

i suggest to try AutoMen (if you want use mencoder) or HDC

BHH
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by buzzqw
    AutoX264 wasn't update to keep in sync with new x264 options
    and these options are now in mencoder builds...

i suggest to try AutoMen (if you want use mencoder) or HDC

BHH
    Didn't try yet, cause I have to leave home, BUT THANK YOU FOR THE FAST REPLY!
    Quote Quote  
  17. thanks for nice GUI. seems very detailed.
    at present i use H264 and x264 GUI they are just basic but simple.

i can appreciate if anyone who used this tool can post input and output audio and video formats, it can take and generate.

Can it be used to Rip DVD either into mp4 or mkv?
    Last edited by Bonie81; 18th Apr 2010 at 20:30. Reason: addition
    Quote Quote  
  18. i tried the gui and liked it, pretty much simple once analyze with mplayer.
    does it only support AAC and mp3, not AC-3 audio encoding?
    Quote Quote  
  19. autox264 isn't more developed

i can suggest to try automen

BHH
    Quote Quote  
  20. hi buzzqw

many thanks for automen.
    its nice and pretty simple.

tks
    Quote Quote  
  21. Great tool. Congrats =)
    What GUI lib have you used for made it? QT4, wx, tcl/tk, java??
    I have done some gui apps years ago using the old qt3 library.
    Always it's a good idea include a language support file (plaint text), so some collaborators can translate the app to their languages and provide the lang file after done.
    Congratulations one more time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Buzz uses purebasic to code his apps.
    http://www.purebasic.com/
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  23. this application is very outdated. i suggest to try microx264 or hdc for better x264 support

BHH
    Quote Quote  
  24. Any chance you can add better audio support that goes beyond 320, and can handle AC-3 audio? If so that would be awesome, I do a lot of encoding and so far your app is the best for linux i've found yet, just really wanting higher quality audio for multi channels.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote