VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22
FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
Thread
  1. JasonK, alenhard, and defense

Have you guys noticed the topic of discussion? I was just wondering why you guys are discussing your personal issues in an open forumn that does not even come close to the discussed topic. I do believe that dvdhelp.com offers private messaging, and beyond that you guys can catch up via email.

As for DVD2one, I am completely satisfied with the product in general. However, I am dissappointed with Erwin and Rene for not being more forthecoming regarding updates and patches. I have also tried instant copy and thought it handled the 1:1 very well except for the speed. I believe eventualy when Erwin and Rene concentrate more on PR and the product at hand, we will see that DVD2ONE will out perform the others on the 1:1

P.S. JasonK, alenhard, and defense if you guys have anything further to say about your short comings please feel free to PM each other or even me. But it does not belong in the forum and I would hope the moderator would delete the posts or close the topic if it continues.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I would agree. I will not continue to participate in any further off topic discussions on this thread. I feel my point was made, and if it wasn't, then that is fine as well. Regardless, I think the original topic of discussion should resume, which of course, was pertaining to DVD2ONE and it's abilities/issues.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Defense.

I wanted to share a question asked to Rene who is with the DVD2one team along with his reply. This was off of the official DVD2one forum.

Rene, thanks for the quick reply. We users have really appreciated how quickly you an Erwin have responded and kept us upto date on the status of this great software. I wanted to let you guys know that I did have the opportunity to try the Pinnacle Instant Copy and it definately does what they say it will and more. The disappointment of the hole thing is that it lacks the speed that DVD2one offers.

While I am not one to stomp my feet and act like a spoiled brat, will the next version have the 1:1 and when can we expect it. From one of your original posts you said this was the #1 thing to be added. But from other posts such as from Antonio S, this is not the case. Please post a complete and detailed update on the status of DVD2ONE.

I look forward to another quick reply.

I never claimed the 1:1 will be in the new version. I told you it was on the topspot of our features list!

The soon to be released 1.01 is a bugfix release with only ONE new feature : User definable output size (2 user prefixes can be assigned with a desired endsize in Mb's)

Maybe the new language system makes it into 1.01, but i am not 100% sure about that at this moment (i have to ask Erwin about it)

But mostly it's small bugs here and there that are being fixed (the 4:3 menu issue etc)

Quote Quote  
  4. Have you guys noticed the topic of discussion? I was just wondering why you guys are discussing your personal issues in an open forumn that does not even come close to the discussed topic.
    dun4cheap, I suggest you read my posts before responding. I have responded multiple times about DVD2ONE's poor and unacceptable quality in this thread. If someone attacks me publicly with statements which are false or misleading to others reading, I will repsond in defense of my own integrity and reputation. A private message will not address that. Duh! It's ironic that you throw in your off-topic 2 cents. Feeling left out?

I find it highly unlikely that DVD2ONE will ever be improved to produce quality near InstantCopy, let alone anywhere near what CCE can produce. So you can keep stomping your feet and complaining to the developers, but don't expect miracles.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    the copy of dog soldiers i tried was pal, and it was about 6.33 gb. overkill for a 100 minute film don't you think? anyway i tried bourne identity a few days ago with dvd2one and it came out fine. the program seems to work better for certain dvd's.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [quote="JasonK"]
    I find it highly unlikely that DVD2ONE will ever be improved to produce quality near InstantCopy, let alone anywhere near what CCE can produce. So you can keep stomping your feet and complaining to the developers, but don't expect miracles.
    Sometimes you can be quite articulate but more often than not totally blase (spelling? how gives a shit?) in your blinkered approach to an argument you wish to win but no-one will.
    Have on earth you can continually argue that a product that clearly works for some is inferior to another amazes me.
    Where were you brought up Jason, and how?
    I've tried dvd2dvdr, dvd2one and instantcopy and I *prefer* dvd2one.
    This is *my* choice.
    It doesn't compete with dvd2dvdr but it's no worse for me for me for me than instantcopy.
    Please, when you've been around to every household who has dvd2one and demonstrated the clear differences please, come back and convince me I'm stupid for preferring dvd2one.
    Will Hay
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please try stick to the topic. If you have some issues with an user take it private please or else I will close this topic. Please also try to explain your results with dvd2one instead of just say that it is just great or that is just sucks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I find it highly unlikely that DVD2ONE will ever be improved to produce quality near InstantCopy, let alone anywhere near what CCE can produce. So you can keep stomping your feet and complaining to the developers, but don't expect miracles.
    Bugger CCE, what about TMPG? Thats what most people here use.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have read in many threads that one has to create an AUDIO_TS folder to burn along with the VIDEO_TS folder when burning to DVD. It seems that it is required for dvd player compatibility.

However DVD2ONE does not create the AUDIO_TS and since I use this little progy I always burned my movie backups with the VIDEO_TS folder only using InstantDVD and the copies work flawlessly in either my Sony DVD player and my Panasonic DMR-E30.

So I am wondering if this is really mandatory to create that AUDIO_TS folder since I backed up around 20 movies so far without any problem during playback. And by the way I find the quality equal to the original, I have a Sony 65" HDTV and I can't see any difference.
    Where ever you go... there you are...in dvdland
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DvdHeader
    I have read in many threads that one has to create an AUDIO_TS folder to burn along with the VIDEO_TS folder when burning to DVD. It seems that it is required for dvd player compatibility.
    I think, and I may be wrong, the necessity to add a AUDIO_TS folder is for compatability of older machines.
    I have no idea if my standalone dvd player will dvdr's created with just a VIDEO_TS folder but for the time it takes to create another empty folder it isn't really a problem
    I believe dvd2one now creates automatic VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders in the recent upgrade, can anyone confirm this?
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  11. You're right of course, it takes only a second to create the AUDIO_TS folder. I was only wondering about the fact that it worked on my players
    even without that folder.

I downloaded the upgrade this morning so I'll check it out tonight to see if it will create both folders. I'll come back to you on that unless someone else can already confirm this.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Well I just tried DVD2ONE v1.0.2 on The Accused and it still doesn't create the AUDIO_TS folder... guess I'll have to do it manually just in case...although I never needed on my previous backups.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Guest
    many commercial DVDs do not have an AUDIO_TS folder. That should say something about how important it is to have.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by NYPlayer
    I just did Minority report the move itself is 2:25 about 7 gig took 20 mins to put on 1 dvd. Plays flawlessly. I chose the english tracks and all subtitles. Everything works.
    Since I have this movie, I thought I would try DVD2ONE. I chose the movie files, the ac3 2channel audio stream and the English subtitles, angle 1. I was impressed with the speed, about 53 minutes on a PII 450mhz with 512meg of RAM. The video was great - however, I have some kind of problem with the audio. There is none! I tried playing the .VOB's with PowerDVD, no audio output. Also, WMP7 no audio. I imported the file into TMPGenc, to my surprise demultiplex option showed an ac3 file at 192 k (on the first VOB only, the other VOB's showed a "private stream"?)

I demuxed the VOB with the ac3 file, then remuxed it. This file played fine, both audio and video. Thinking I had found a workaround, I next tried this on the VTS_02.VOB using the "private stream". The audio played fine in PowerDVD before the remux. I remuxed the audio with the video, at the end of the multiplex operation, a message popped up saying "rewriting header information". I tried playing the VOB in PowerDVD, no audio, but the video was fine. Weird! Anybody had similiar problems and found a workaround? I like the program for it's ability to shrink to 4.35 size to fit on a DVD-5, and as I say the video was nearly indistinguishable on a 50" Mitsubishi large-screen TV (I even switched between the original DVD and the file created by DVD2ONE by using the PIP option between my ATI tv-out and my standalone DVD player, not much quality difference if at all.
    Quote Quote  
  15. sohc427,
    I'm not really sure as I never ran into this problem. The only advise that I can think of is probably try to rip all audio tracks first then transcode the movie and all audio tracks with DVD2ONE. Then try to see if that works by switching from audio track to audio track. I'm just guessing that maybe one of the tracks that you picked does not work or does not work with your equipment. Not sure... Just try all, then just pick one at a time or take out one at a time. Tedious but it may help you with this DVD and maybe even future ones.

By the way, aside from this...

I recently did a backup of the fullscreen version of Bourne Identity and I found this DVD to be real good for testing quality. Especially that we have so many methods to choose to fit DVD9 to DVD5. All you need to do is probably do the first 5 - 10 minutes of the movie without wasting tons of time. The initial few minutes is the scene where Jason Bourne is floating in the ocean at night with a storm coming down. I found that DVD2ONE's quality in that first couple of minutes does not do well. You can see quite a few pixelation. This is playing the movie at regular speed and not really pausing. Watched it on a Sony 32" and it was fairly noticeable. Had anyone tried this movie using DVD2ONE and other methods?
    Quote Quote