VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Friends primarily from Turkey Hi I am writing my english is not good. I translate and write with Google Translate. I had a question for you.
    4k UHD H265 format 1080p monitor Potplayer with a slight adjustment of the image in vivid colors can take, but because it takes up a lot of space to convert to H265 format is a soft image. Is there a solution to this? As shown in the attached pictures. at least if I convert to h265 format so that I get less space. movies from the computer hmdi with 4k tv to transfer and watch. I would like to ask friends to help me redirect or share files.

[Attachment 47441 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 47442 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. it is also noticeable that it is 10bit in h264 format. 8 bit appears in h265 format. When I get to h265 format HDR feature goes. Do you have a convert program with wondershare? 10-bit and hdr-free when converting to H265
    Quote Quote  
  3. The process to convert HDR to SDR is called tonemapping. It's available in software like ffmpeg or StaxRip. In StaxRip open the source, add e.g. "AVS Filter" (left side of StaxRip GUI)->("Add"->)"Color"->"HDRCore"->"HDRToneMapping"->"DGReinhard". On the right side of StaxRip GUI you can select e.g. x264 or x265. In x264/x265 options you can select bitdepth 8 bit or 10 bit. x264 8 bit is the most compatible output codec.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    The process to convert HDR to SDR is called tonemapping. It's available in software like ffmpeg or StaxRip. In StaxRip open the source, add e.g. "AVS Filter" (left side of StaxRip GUI)->("Add"->)"Color"->"HDRCore"->"HDRToneMapping"->"DGReinhard". On the right side of StaxRip GUI you can select e.g. x264 or x265. In x264/x265 options you can select bitdepth 8 bit or 10 bit. x264 8 bit is the most compatible output codec.

Can you make a narration or video with the picture? not fully understood.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you for your help. Thank you very much
    Quote Quote