VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for a bag to hold a Sony dcr-trv33 cam, plus extra tapes, batteries, etc. I've been using an old camera fanny pack from Domke. Works OK, but I'm looking for something better.

Plus, what do you all put in your case? So far, I pack a spare battery, 6 tapes, A/V cord, and AC adapter.

Ken
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    snapshotmd, do you really live in Bel Air Maryland? I'm just down the road.

Just go into the local Best Buy. The bag section is near the camera section. Grab a bag you like, bring it over to the camera section, then find a similar camera and see how it fits in the bag. Just remember to put the camera back before you take the bag out of the store.

I keep the same things as you in my bag.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by racer-x
    ...do you really live in Bel Air Maryland?
    No, I'm a plastic surgeon in Bel Air, California... Just kidding!

Well, I did that for wifey's digicam and I'm coming up with the same bag as my wife's (Lowepro nova). So I'm kinda trying to see if there are any other bags out there worthy of consideration.

So what's your cam?

Ken
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've got a Panasonic PV-DV953. It's a 3CCD camera that I've had for about 3 months now. So far, I'm very happy with it. I'm still using a 4 year old camera bag that I bought for my old Sharp Mini-DV. My camera fits perfectly, in there so no need to upgrade.

I do want to get a better Tripod though.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. I just bought a Case Logic DC83 bag today from Best Buy for my Sony TRV70 camera. I really like the bag, it's small enough to just fit the camera plus a few accessories like the remote, spare tape and battery and cables. Recharger won't fit though, but I wanted a small bag.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a fan of LOWEPRO, have used several of their bags for 35MM and digital cameras over the years. You might check their website, a lot of different bags, then see if you can find the prefered model at a local store. The same would probably apply to other name-brand bag companies. The local stores never seem to carry the full line of bags, but they may be able to order them. I have a tiny Canon S400 digital camera and LOWEPRO had a bag that fit it perfectly. You want a bag that can serve your needs and that can protect your camera against the accidental drop that may someday happen.
    EDIT: I use a second small bag (Cheap) for my accessories.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!