VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,
    new with this forum and a big "Hi" to all.
    I own Scenarist BD (an used old version 6, buyed from a closed photo/video studio) and some other video softwares .
    Just approaching the fantastic 3D world.
    No problem at all except with menus.
    I have a stereoscopic background video and I'm trying to give depth to the buttons (created with Scenarist designer).
    The problem is I can't select "edit Offset Sequence" menu (it is not highlighted). So I can't set the depth.
    Graphics are imported as a 2D stuff because I have read that graphics and subtitles have to be imported in 2d.
    Any tip to solve this enigma?
    Thanks in advance

Giorgio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nah !!!

If you really 'own' a Scenarist version there will be enough topics on their own forum etc. to solve this issue.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks,
    but where is this address?
    I've written in this forum because this is the first on google research and found no scenarist forum but the main site where they just sell.

I do not understand your "nah!!!" and your "'own'": my friend: web is not attended by thieves only.
    I have payed this used software 2000 €. Do you wanna know the serial? I do not tell it to you!!!!!!!!!

Anyway just written to support@scenarist.com and wait for reply.
    Thanks for this very usefull forum

Giorgio
    Last edited by Editfan; 8th Jun 2019 at 11:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Apologies if I linked you to all the other scenarist 'owners' who have asked for assistance here.

The simple case is that Scenarist is a pro software that comes with a price to match - in fact 2000 euro appears to be too cheap ( and is only available via it's own website) - for people who actually know how to use it.

There may be people on here that have used it. But only through their work and not actually acquired it from a personal viewpoint.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Editfan: If you have a valid license for Scenarist then you should have access to professional support services, manuals, and tutorials. You should take advantage of those benefits rather than look for help here or elsewhere online.

This forum is mostly populated by hobbyists who only have experience with free or consumer/prosumer authoring software. VideoHelp has only a few professional members who could have or do have experience with Scenarist software. Also, given the lack of free tutorials for Scenarist available online. perhaps there are NDAs (nondisclosure agreements) attached to the license or the software's documentation?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I have a valid license and I am not a real pro.
    As I've written, I bought this sw from a no more active studio (crisis is felt here also)
    I'd surely had not bought a brand new so expensive software.
    Just wait for scenarist reply email.........that's all.
    I got manual and tutorials but no one (expecially the manual) is exhaustive with this case.
    Probably what I'm asking for, is not a common utility and I know 3D is slowly "dying".
    But I like it: i use monthly releases from adobe and own (not "own") other REGULAR sws as Quicks3D from Inv3 (Chris, the owner is very kind) and Surcode from Minnetonka.

That's all

I believed there was some guru in this forum but I understand that 3D has a bit complicated managing.
    I tried some other forums with same results but no one has welcome me as a pirate!!!!

Sorry for the outburst.

Have a wonderful day

Giorgio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. But good luck with that reply.

The licence may be valid but I would have thought that support is restricted to the original owner.

Again, if I suggested you were a pirate then I apologise. But I have read these forums for a long time and there have many a post here about using this software and, I guess, not, if any, of these actually owned it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing with you DB83 (also if I prefer talking with real names and not with nick ones). So, what I have to say? Fingers crossed with reply but, anyway, I have nothing to be afraid of.......

Giorgio
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've done a bunch of 3D and I've done a bunch of Scenarist, but I've never had access to Scenarist3D except a cracked version, and I'm not about to mess with that. Not worth it.

So, though I'd like to help, know 3D as well as anyone here, and understand Scenarist, I don't know the actual steps involved in setting that up properly.

Good luck,

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Editfan I sure hope Scenarist technical support can help you. The only VideoHelp member who I knew for certain had practical experience with Scenarist has now replied to say that he doesn't know the answer to your question.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to all. I’m waiting for Scenarist reply and let you know the answer so, if any of you is still working with this “prehistorical” 3D technic, then I will increase his knowhow.......
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As DB83 had prediced it was really hard to explain to Scenarist that I "hold a license that is not mine" but I succeded.
    The problem is that Scenarist "likes" .mvc for left and _d.mvc files for right view.
    I usually output stereoscopic file with Vegas and it gives you .avc for left and .mvc for right.
    A way could be encode .mov files with TotalCode that output .mvc and _d.mvc files.
    Another way they say could (and underline could) be simply change the video extensions.
    Sometimes works sometimes not.
    ( it worked for me)

Giorgio
    Last edited by Editfan; 2nd Dec 2019 at 13:33.
    Quote Quote