VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an MKV file, contains H.264 codec, AAC audio and ASS sub. Tried playing it on VLC, plays fine, no lag, full speed, great audio, but didn't render the subtitle perfectly. Since ASS sub uses sub positioning and font style, it didn't appears so in VLC.

The sub displays fine in MPC. maybe because it uses fddshow, but the video lags when in fast moving scene (running, camera moving, credit rolling). Does this happen to you guys? or I messed up my setting? After installing K-Lite I didn't alter anything. And my pc is Athlon x2 4200, ATi HD3650, 2gb ram.
    Do you know why people mostly use Mac in their office?
    Because a lot of stress can lead people to jump off the "Windows".
    Quote Quote  
  2. Get rid of K-lite. Use MPCHC instead of MPC (same look/feel, more built-in source filters and decoders, including h.264 and AAC). Set the h.264 decoder to use 2 threads:

View -> Options -> Internal Filters -> Transform Filters

Make sure H264/AVC (FFmpeg) is enabled. Double click on it and set Decoding Thread Number to 2. If your graphics card has hardware h.264 decoding try enabling the H264/AVC (DXVA) decoder intead.

If you insist on using the older MPC, make sure whatever h.264 decoder you are using is set up to use 2 threads. You can usually do this by right clicking on the video while playing, selecting Filters and selecting the h.264 decoder.
    Quote Quote