VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I seem to have a problem with the position of the subtitles when I'm playing an UHD movie with MPC-HC 64 bit with CCCP (LAV codecs + DirectVobSub), subtitles are left aligned and middle aligned vertically (see screenshot).

[Attachment 44881 - Click to enlarge]

Same problem with full screen, I can't seem to override the position by ticking and adjusting "override placement", the subtitles stay in the same position. Override placement doesn't work in MPC-HC nor in DirectVobSub. I have the same problem on another pc. Doesn't matter what movie, I have the same problem with every 2160p movie, 1080p displays just fine. Subtitles are in SDH.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Look where that is: it is rendering as it would with a 1080p image size. So even though the app can stretch to accomodate a 4k image, the rendering of subs is still limited.
    The coding needs to be updated. If this isn't the last version of mpc-hc, maybe getting a later version would fix it. If it is the last version, best start looking for a new player.
    *Unless the subs format is one that specifies absolute placement, then that could be adjusted. Note: SDH is not a format, but a contextual style/application.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    An update to the lasets version fixed the problem, thx.
    Quote Quote