VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Hi! Please help if you can.
    I am capturing and editing my video for 1 year. So far it was OK.
    Capture: Virtual_dub 1.4.7
    Edit: Ulead Media Studio 6.0
    Convert: TMPGEnc

Last week I changed sound card (from Aureal Vortex1 to Sound Blaster 128 live) and now I do not have sound in the captured AVI file. Audio level for line in is OK. During the capturing I can hear sound.

Where is my problem?
    Please help!

Archie
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Make sure all in devices are disabled. Except for line-in off course.
    Allthoug you hear sound, the prefered capture channel could be your microphone or CD-Audio.
    Got the same problem when i just moved my Soundblaster card from one slot to another
    Best regards Zulu Trax.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI
    also try this.....
    The soundblaster has a wee program called creative recorder - find it in the creative directory in program files. I found that whatever I did wouldn't work until I loaded this up (only needed once) and clicked the source to be line in at top left and clicked monitor at top right.
    All settings as per post above, but make sure that you are looking at the record properties rather than just the input properties because the line in has a record enable as well as a "what you hear" enable.
    using this you can at least check that you ccan record in ok with the blasters line in. ALSO NOTE - when using the mic the creative automatically enables mic gain +1 and this causes distrtion when recording (WITH THE MIC)
    FOR THE RECORD I USE CREATIVE 5.1 PRO.
    REGARDS

scattergun
    Quote Quote